Options

TechLabs CCENT?

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
I've looked at the TechLabs CCNA thread above, abeit briefly, and I am very interested, Do we have one of those threads for CCENT? Specificly Hardware, as I have heard that CCNA is focused more on Routers, but CCENT works with switches.

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    as I have heard that CCNA is focused more on Routers, but CCENT works with switches.

Who told you that?

640-822 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    cisco.com wrote:
    Implement a small routed network

Describe basic routing concepts (including: packet forwarding, router lookup process)
    Describe the operation of Cisco routers (including: router bootup process, POST, router components)
    Select the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect routers to other network devices and hosts
    Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RIPv2
    Access and utilize the router CLI to set basic parameters
    Connect, configure, and verify operation status of a device interface
    Verify device configuration and network connectivity using ping, traceroute, telnet, SSH or other utilities
    Perform and verify routing configuration tasks for a static or default route given specific routing requirements
    Manage IOS configuration files (including: save, edit, upgrade, restore)
    Manage Cisco IOS
    Implement password and physical security
    Verify network status and router operation using basic utilities (including: ping, traceroute,telnet,SSH,arp, ipconfig), SHOW & DEBUG commands
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    I've looked at the TechLabs CCNA thread above, abeit briefly, and I am very interested, Do we have one of those threads for CCENT? Specificly Hardware, as I have heard that CCNA is focused more on Routers, but CCENT works with switches.

In my studies, it looks like it is more switching than routing, but it still does include routing (RIP, Frame Relay). But, it does do switching in pretty good detail.

So, it does include both routing and switching, but moreso on the switching.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PC509 wrote: »
    In my studies, it looks like it is more switching than routing, but it still does include routing (RIP, Frame Relay). But, it does do switching in pretty good detail.

So, it does include both routing and switching, but more so on the switching.

I would agree. It cover some Routing but I would hardly call it lengthy. That is not to say I am finding it super easy though. I am still trying to get all the commands memorized icon_wink.gif