Passed: 810

GeeLoGeeLo Happy GuyMember Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
Went to the test center, and passed Security + with a 810 ! icon_cheers.gif

Swear I was going to fail.. questions on the test were "way" out there.. nothing that I saw like on the Sybex Security + Study Guide text book, or out on the internet forums. Not that they should be.. but just as a heads up. People have told me that the test changes each time, and I believe that 100%.

What I studied:
Sybex Security + Study Guide text book and did every practice text on the CD-Rom that came with the book. Also studied for the past 3 weeks 3 hours each night and 1/2 in the morning.
Also Tech Exams .net tests (Thank You!)
Also Wikipedia does have some good information.
Prayed to the big man upstairs.. that helped also. icon_thumright.gif

This is the best Chirstmas present!
Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)

Comments

  • mohcommohcom Member Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Thanks for mentioning the material used to prepare for the exam. I plan to take the exam before Xmas (hopefully).
    - CCNP (Work In Progress)
    - CCNA
    - CCENT
    - Security+
    - B.S. Computer Science (Info. Systems Security)
  • abefromanabefroman Senior Member Banned Posts: 278
    Congrats dude! I take mine on Wednesday.
  • Dr ITDr IT Senior Member Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and well Done ..........icon_cheers.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

    Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

    The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • GeeLoGeeLo Happy Guy Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys.. it is a awesome feeling..

    The one thing to mention, and I know each test is different for each person who takes it.. but I had "no" port questions at all ! I can say that I have issues studying for tests and even bigger fears when I take tests also.. so if I can do it.. you can do it ! icon_thumright.gif

    Good Luck to you guys..
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • worldmac1worldmac1 Senior Member Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Big Guy! I just started studying full time myself. I have a PDF of the Sybex and I just bought a copy of "Get Certified Get Ahead" by Darril Gibson. I hope to be right there with you after the New Year...

    What are you planning on studying next?
    Certs in Progress:

    CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Senior Member Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GeeLo wrote: »
    Went to the test center, and passed Security + with a 810 ! icon_cheers.gif

    Swear I was going to fail.. questions on the test were "way" out there.. nothing that I saw like on the Sybex Security + Study Guide text book, or out on the internet forums. Not that they should be.. but just as a heads up. People have told me that the test changes each time, and I believe that 100%.

    What I studied:
    Sybex Security + Study Guide text book and did every practice text on the CD-Rom that came with the book. Also studied for the past 3 weeks 3 hours each night and 1/2 in the morning.
    Also Tech Exams .net tests (Thank You!)
    Also Wikipedia does have some good information.
    Prayed to the big man upstairs.. that helped also. icon_thumright.gif

    This is the best Chirstmas present!

    Good deal. I hope to join you in a few weeks.
  • stephens316stephens316 Senior Member Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrads icon_cool.gif
    ______________
    Current Studying : GPEN |GCNF|CISSP??
    Current Reading : CISSP| CounterHack|Gray Hat Hacking
    Completed 2019 : GCIH
    Free Reading : History Books
  • BulletzBulletz Senior Member Member Posts: 159
    Congrats, good work mate....
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Member Posts: 542
    Congrats and an awesome score!
  • GeeLoGeeLo Happy Guy Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    Congrats Big Guy! I just started studying full time myself. I have a PDF of the Sybex and I just bought a copy of "Get Certified Get Ahead" by Darril Gibson. I hope to be right there with you after the New Year...

    What are you planning on studying next?

    Probably CISSP.. :)
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • GeeLoGeeLo Happy Guy Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Good deal. I hope to join you in a few weeks.

    Thank You!
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • GeeLoGeeLo Happy Guy Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrads icon_cool.gif

    Tks Sir... I guess I'm still GTG in regards to pass IA training. icon_wink.gif
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • GeeLoGeeLo Happy Guy Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bulletz wrote: »
    Congrats, good work mate....

    Thank You!
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • KasorKasor Senior Member Member Posts: 929 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrat Not a bad score : )
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
Sign In or Register to comment.