Options

Test preparation

TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I'm currently studying for Linux+, but I was wondering if anyone knows when the Beta objectives will go live? I am studying for the 2001 objectives because I have limited knowledge of Linux so I am using study material from 2001 coverage.

Also, I'm using Fedora Core, Xandros, and Suse 9.0 as far as distributions are concerned. Is this sufficient. Being a Windows person, I feel like I'm in a new world with all the different distributions of Linux icon_eek.gif

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ferodra Core and Suse will be more than sufficient as far as distros go.
    The current Linux+ is really not much different from A+ except it uses Linux utilities etc rather than MS ones and you have to be comfortable with the Linux file structures.
    I understend the Beta is to go live early in the new year. The Beta for it runs for 8 weeks from the start of October and then they will need to review it before it goes live.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    drewm320drewm320 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Linux+ questions are basic enough and written to be distribution neutral that if you get familiar with any one distribution you should be fine. Basic commands like ifconfig and chmod are the same in every distribution.
  • Options
    superflyzx3superflyzx3 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just learn about what's in /etc, know what /dev/hda, /dev/eth0 are and learn the command switches and you should do fine.