Options

Dell Certifications

KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,
I'm currently working 80 hours a week. 40 as a service desk rep and 40 for Dell as deskside support. It's really not that bad except for my lack of social life atm. So obviously I don't want to work this many hours forever so I found out that I have the ability to get certifications from Dell I log into the site after registering and there seems like there is a cert for just about everything and there all online and free. I've already done 2 that my manager recommended (Soft Skills and Tech lead) but I was curious do these certs have any clout or are there any specific dell certifications that you would recommend me to get? Anyone with knowledge on these please reply.

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    They'll probably hold very little water in the real world, and would figure more into your career path at Dell than outside of it. Alot like when I used to work for Mindspring (and later, Earthlink). They had in-house certifications that we had to pass in order to qualify to work in that support queue. It's not something I put on my resume, instead I just list the skills I learned.

Learning is always a good thing though, so do what you can!
  • Options
    sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    we used to get dell certs only because you could call in for parts without going through std support. outside of that, i havent seen them (dell certs) hold any influence on hiring/jobs/etc.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Waste of money if you ask me.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    Waste of money if you ask me.

Would be

However I believe the guy mention they are free

To be honest mate you be better off getting certs like comptia a+ and network + than Dell.
  • Options
    jinyejinye Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kikode wrote: »
    Hello All,
    I'm currently working 80 hours a week. 40 as a service desk rep and 40 for Dell as deskside support. It's really not that bad except for my lack of social life atm. So obviously I don't want to work this many hours forever so I found out that I have the ability to get certifications from Dell I log into the site after registering and there seems like there is a cert for just about everything and there all online and free. I've already done 2 that my manager recommended (Soft Skills and Tech lead) but I was curious do these certs have any clout or are there any specific dell certifications that you would recommend me to get? Anyone with knowledge on these please reply.

urs is nice,i'm reali taking lots of Dell certification xams nw n i'm realli tired but i jst hav dat bliv dat it wil make a diff in my lyf.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It is probably very highly regarded if you plan on staying with the Dell company. Other than that enterprises and other companies really dont care about those certs.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX