Options

70-680 - Fail

excalibur1814excalibur1814 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
Starts to cry - If you're not ready, then you're not ready.

Failed today with a 634, even though in the MS Press book test I was getting 80% pass rates etc. Oh well, have to wait for the results to appear and then re-sit as soon as I can.

Shame on me. Back to the grind
Mooooo

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That sucks... What was your weakest topic?
  • Options
    It does!

It shocks me to think that my weakest topic was 'Config Hardware and Apps!'

:/

Madness especially considering my other certs and the test scores. Oh well. Will re-book, asap and smash this sucker :)

The again I failed the 620 course first time and flew through the 622???
    Mooooo
  • Options
    I'm going back through my notes now and I can see why and how I've failed icon_sad.gif

Humble, must stay humble and never over estimate my own knowledge.

I'm back on the path and re-sit next Monday (If I can book it asap after the results hit Prometric)
    Mooooo
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We've all been there. I think the true road to mastery with anything is first realizing how limited your knowledge really is. People who think they already know it all rarely put forward the effort to continue to expand and sharpen their skills.

We've all been there. Just dut off and kill it next time.
  • Options
    True, true

:)

Re-booked for Monday...
    Mooooo
  • Options
    gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
    True, true

:)

Re-booked for Monday...

Good luck to your exam on Monday !
    eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)
  • Options
    dannyhinhkdannyhinhk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, guy!!!
    Be confidence :)
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well?? :D
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Good luck!

What resources did you use to study? I have the 70-680 book by Sean Odom, and am not convinced it is good enough (then again I am used to the very high quality Cisco books).

Drew
  • Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    I failed today with a 661 score as well. My weakest topic was Configuring Mobile Computing and Configuring network connectivity.

Had a few questions which got me stuck! One was something to do with saving backups, and to what location without user intervention.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mmartin_47 wrote: »
    I failed today with a 661 score as well. My weakest topic was Configuring Mobile Computing and Configuring network connectivity.

Had a few questions which got me stuck! One was something to do with saving backups, and to what location without user intervention.

I had that question. The answer is obvious if you think about it. Three of the choices would require a user present to "insert" something to make sure the backup ran.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Our company bought Windows 7 Resource Kit with 1800 pages. I will study this book to finish my trek to MCITP EA.

excalibur1814 goodluck on your re exam....
  • Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    I had that question. The answer is obvious if you think about it. Three of the choices would require a user present to "insert" something to make sure the backup ran.

Now that I think about it more, glad I chose the right answer! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    AHPDAHPD Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My weakest topic, was surprisingly, Installing.

Deployment stuff almost made me fail the exam, i don't know what start survey does, but i answered almost 15 questions about installing and deployment. I passed with 700/1000, the minimum required.

I'll try 70-685, but i hope there's not too many deployment questions or i'll fail the exam icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    AHPD wrote: »
    I'll try 70-685, but i hope there's not too many deployment questions or i'll fail the exam icon_sad.gif
    I don't know about 685, but if you're weak on deployment, watch out for 686!! It makes 680 look easy. Though after studying (and passing :)) 686, I was more than ready for 680, and passed without issue.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Sorry about the fail.

680 was fun and 686 is probably my favorite MS test to date.
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Last week I failed the 680 with a 680. I just realized how funny that is. I was weakest in Configuring Backup and Recovery. I ran into some surprises and some questions that I had studied the topics in depth but got confused about in the moment. I had the second shot voucher in play so I will take it again tomorrow morning.

When I failed I had a lot against me. I was cocky and it was scheduled at 8 am on a Monday after one of the two pay per view events I order every year on the week that I was off of my allergy medication preparing for an allergy test. Also the testing center was being refurbished so there was construction going on. I should have rescheduled, mainly because I wasn't ready.

To study I only used the 680 book and the technet links in the sticky. I didn't take notes on the last 2-3 chapters my first go around and those were my weakest so I added more pages to my notebook in OneNote. The rest of my notes seemed in depth enough to answer many of the questions. I'm hoping to get some good review in tonight and a good night's sleep.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep going and let us know the result.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    AHPDAHPD Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know about 685, but if you're weak on deployment, watch out for 686!! It makes 680 look easy. Though after studying (and passing :)) 686, I was more than ready for 680, and passed without issue.

As far as i know, there will be no Deployment questions on 70-685, tough 70-686 is entirely about deployment.

I went mad, when i saw my report. I studied deployment a lot, that's the only thing i studied, and messed a lot with Windows Server Deployment, i did have to learn how to set Windows Server roles, features, configuring DNS and DHCP scopes, all by myself. In testing i did some sucessful deployments, but i recognize that i'm still weak using imagex, sysprep, and these things.

I registered for 70-685. Normally, IT professionals take these exams, and I AM NOT. I fit more on "Power User" group, i think this is a funny fact, that i'm taking these exams entirely as a challenge icon_lol.gif. If my knowlegde can rival IT Professionals, i'm satisfied.
  • Options
    AHPD wrote: »
    As far as i know, there will be no Deployment questions on 70-685, tough 70-686 is entirely about deployment.

I went mad, when i saw my report. I studied deployment a lot, that's the only thing i studied, and messed a lot with Windows Server Deployment, i did have to learn how to set Windows Server roles, features, configuring DNS and DHCP scopes, all by myself. In testing i did some sucessful deployments, but i recognize that i'm still weak using imagex, sysprep, and these things.

I registered for 70-685. Normally, IT professionals take these exams, and I AM NOT. I fit more on "Power User" group, i think this is a funny fact, that i'm taking these exams entirely as a challenge icon_lol.gif. If my knowlegde can rival IT Professionals, i'm satisfied.

You are the first person I know that take the exam just to bit IT Porofessionals, jajajajaa

• Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the test today with an 896! I improved on all my weaknesses and even maxed out Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7. I'm pretty excited.

I guess my best advice will be to know the command line utilities, permissions, and to get a good night's sleep the night before. No Pay Per View wrestling before an early morning exam!

Now on to the 290.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    Congrats

• Options
    franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what your weakness