Options

Should I list all of my individual MCPs on my resume?

Tony138Tony138 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have MCDST and MCSA certifications, and I was debating if I should list all of the individual MCPs that I earned to acquire those certifications?

On one hand, I feel that some may view it as redundant, but on the other hand, I'm worried that a human resource person may not know about the many other certifications that I had to earn to become an MCDST and MCSA. I'm also worried that an electronic scanner looking for "MCP" would overlook my resume if I don't list my individual MCPs.

Comments

• Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, Just MCSA but see my signature
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd put MCP, MCDST and MCSA to be safe for the scanner reason that you stated. I wouldn't break it out into each individual exam though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I have to agree with networker just list those three. In my position I am currently hiring 5-6 Sr Network Sales Engineers and I only want to see the major certs not the individual tests that make them up. Too much fluff and smells a little desperate to me when I reveiw the resumes

I would also put down something like

"Currently working on CCNA expected completion x.x.xx"

Good luck
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In your cover letter you can put your transcript sharing code. This would allow people to see exactly which exams you have taken if they wish.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd put MCP, MCDST and MCSA to be safe for the scanner reason that you stated. I wouldn't break it out into each individual exam though.

Exactly.