Options

Will this help me pass the A+ Exam

jamison1jamison1 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
The study meterial I have is

1- Comptia A+ Complete Study Guide: By Sybex
with CD sybex test engine and electronic flash cards.
220-601 Essentials
220-602 IT Technician
220-603 Remote Support
220-604 Depot Technician

By: Quentin Docter / Emmett Dulaney / Toby Skandier

Purchase $59.99 US

2- CompTia A+ Practice Questions Exam Cram 2nd Edition
with measure up CD with 850 current question

220-601 Essentials
220-602 IT Technician
220-603 Remote Support
220-604 Depot Technician

By: Charles J Brooks

Purchase $39.99 US

Comments

• Options
    logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've got the Exam Cram book and the questions helped me pass the 601. I'm back to studying for the 602 until I can afford to take it next month. I used the Mike Meyers Essentials book also for the 601 exam. This time I'm using the A+ for dummies book (which is huge) along with the Exam cram and some other practice tests.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I did the same . Read the Mike Meyers book and then used exam cram book and the CD that comes with it untill I was getting in the 90% every time and passed both exams.
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jamison1

What I'd recommend you focus on is learning the material, not learning to merely memorize stuff from books.

Yes, you have the Sybex book and it is one I'd recommend you have, but to pass certifications, one should be proficient in the material, not simply read up on it, go take the test, then market oneself as having passed.

1. Get some experience (plent of threads on this topic in the forum)
    2. Review the objectives
    3. Suppliment your studies with Meyer A-I-O and/or the Sybext texts
    4. More experience

Nothing will be a better trainer then experience.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ChrisPEditorChrisPEditor Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    jamison1
    Nothing will be a better trainer then experience.

I'd add that practice exams make actually taking the test a lot easier. Especially if you're one of those folks who suffer from a lot of test anxiety.

Also... why aren't you doing the 700 series tests? I mean, I know the 600 are still valid---for the time being, anyway---but with the 700 series you're getting the most up-to-date stuff.
    Christopher Parker
    Managing Editor, PrepLogic
    Get smarter training today with PrepLogic!

"You know what they say, 'Knowledge isn't power'... oh, wait..." --Dr. Gregory House
  • Options
    IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would pursue the A+ (2009 Edition)

CompTIA A+ 2006 Edition

The existing CompTIA A+ 600 series exams remain relevant and are in use by organizations and educational institutions throughout the world. The English version of these exams will retire in the U.S., Canada and South Africa on February 28, 2010. The English version will retire in the U.K., Australia and New Zealand on August 31, 2010. The educational versions of these exams (JK0-601, JK0-602, JK0-603 and JK0-604), as well as the German, Korean, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese translations of the 220-601 through 220-604 CompTIA A+ exams, will remain in the market for use until August 31, 2010.
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)