Options

average price list for routers/switches

knewboldknewbold Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
lg.php?bannerid=10&campaignid=6&zoneid=6&loc=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fcertforums.co.uk%2Fforums%2Fthread37115.html&cb=5560db3e4f

Hi
im in the process of building a lab - to start with for the ccna - then to go down the voice route

Does anyone have a "average" ebay type list for fair prices - i was going to compile one so i can keep a eye out

roughtly what is a fair price for needed equipment such as the 2950 or the 2610xm etc
(feel free to add other routers or switches which help with certification)

thanks

karl

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I always search Ebay by lowest price + shipping and only buy it now. I'm not sure what average prices of things are, but you could get an idea by searching through completed listings.
  • Options
    the thing is there prices vary hugely

take the 2610xm for example - they can be got for around £40 - but going up to 150ish buy it now
    it seems to depend on memory - but since i dont know too much hardware-wise reguarding these - im not sure what is suitable and what isnt

some have 12.2 some 12.4 etc - it seems like 12.4 is used for voice - but they tend to be the more expensive end of the market - which is why i ask for a bit of help
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    knewbold wrote: »
    the thing is there prices vary hugely

take the 2610xm for example - they can be got for around £40 - but going up to 150ish buy it now
    it seems to depend on memory - but since i dont know too much hardware-wise reguarding these - im not sure what is suitable and what isnt

some have 12.2 some 12.4 etc - it seems like 12.4 is used for voice - but they tend to be the more expensive end of the market - which is why i ask for a bit of help

I have got a 2600XM for sale, I'm just about to put it on ebay but if you want we could avoid that. I'll check out the spec in a bit and post it up. I'm looking for about £35 for it plus postage and packing which comes to about £12 from memory.

I can add a WIC-1T and WIC-1ADSL for £15 quid each as well if you want
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If he doesnt take it, I will
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    To accurately gauge the price of equipment on Ebay, sort by ending soonest because the prices of routers/switches usually jump alot in the final day of bidding.
  • Options
    mike - i have sent you a pm
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I missed out today on a 1721 router with wic-1t due to network lag at work. Put bid in for £20, lagg kicked in and by the time it come back, auction had ended and someone got it for £1.30 ..... about $0.85c .... GAH !

In the UK, typically 1721's go for about £30 ~$20. 26XMs from £40-£80. Not sure on switches as I haven't been looking lately. As knewbold says, memory is a factor so it can run 12.3 - 12.4 IOS... Tyically, these need to be maxed for the device.

Be carefull of Buy It Now prices... Some of them are completely rediculous.
    Kam.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I really like: CablesAndKits.Com

They always treat me well.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    I really like: CablesAndKits.Com

They always treat me well.
    Money not an issue? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    noel123ienoel123ie Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cisco router 2610mx 16 flash 32 ram wic 1T
    Cisco router 2610mx 16 flash 64 ram wic 1T
    Cisco router 3640 32 flash 128 ram wic 1T 1E2W
    Cisco switch 2950G-24-EI
    3 x DTE -DTC cables
    3 x Cat-5 straight through cables
    4 x power cables
    Cisco learning academy CCNA book

This is priced at 440 dollars or 270 sterling

Is this good value?

Thanks
    Noel
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    noel123ie wrote: »
    Cisco router 2610mx 16 flash 32 ram wic 1T
    Cisco router 2610mx 16 flash 64 ram wic 1T
    Cisco router 3640 32 flash 128 ram wic 1T 1E2W
    Cisco switch 2950G-24-EI
    3 x DTE -DTC cables
    3 x Cat-5 straight through cables
    4 x power cables
    Cisco learning academy CCNA book

This is priced at 440 dollars or 270 sterling

Is this good value?

Thanks
    Noel

I would say it is the 2910xm's are around $95 a piece the last time I checked -> 95 X 2 = $190. 2950G is probably at least 100 - 150. $290 - 340. Plus you add the cables and the book, your right about there. I'm not sure about the 3640. I would say it is worth that price. If you want to verify check on ebay for each individual piece and add it up and see if you can find a better value buying individually.