Flash SD card data recovery

pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
So my mom lost some pictures on a SD card from her camera. Now I was under the impression that once a file was deleted off flash it was gone, but the people at the photo shop told here there were programs to recover this.

I have an old version of Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro from work I used to do like 5 years ago and it didn’t find anything useful. Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pwjohnston wrote: »
    So my mom lost some pictures on a SD card from her camera. Now I was under the impression that once a file was deleted off flash it was gone, but the people at the photo shop told here there were programs to recover this.

I have an old version of Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro from work I used to do like 5 years ago and it didn’t find anything useful. Anyone have any recommendations?

I have been done the same route with no luck. I do have some books on data recovery but my guess would be you need something worth some money like encase or something like that. I will do some more searching tomorrow on this I recommend not touching the flash card unless someone else is helping you there maybe a chance to get some info just depends.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    tsk tsk google ""sd unerase" and you will find several free XMAS presents. Beware the lumps of coal sa the are lethal and will cost you damage points
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • dratnoldratnol Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The older version of FTK (Forensic Tool Kit) 1.8.x is fully featured for images that have fewer then 5000 files. That might be something to look at if you strike out on the others.
  • pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    TheShadow wrote: »
    tsk tsk google ""sd unerase" and you will find several free XMAS presents. Beware the lumps of coal sa the are lethal and will cost you damage points

I did actually before posting this. I'm really looking for software people trust. There's too many crappy programs out there any more that do more harm to your pc than good.