Options

85 Days until my CCIE VOICE LAB

Comments

• Options
    tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162
    Everyone... THIS IS EXPENSIVE!!!! but honestly I felt so good about the last test it's hard to give up now.... Thanks everyone for your support..icon_thumright.gif Now Its time to look over the things I had problems with and go back to the lab... AGAIN!!!!icon_rolleyes.gif

I definitely respect your determination. Take this thirty days to specifically focus on your weaknesses and quickly go over your strengths. Then get out there and get that number!
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Luckycharms... do not get down on yourself!!! Your perseverance is unmatched by most people and that along with your hard studying is going to get you that IE Voice. Good luck on your next attempt!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Everyone... THIS IS EXPENSIVE!!!!
    But when you pass the rewards will be IMMENSE!!!!

And besides, with all the study you don't have time to spend your money on anything else anyway icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    June 4th.... --- :) going back to San Jose...
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Niiice!!!!! been brushing up?
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Road Trip!!!! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck and make sure you hammer it this time.

Go get that (very well deserved) number buddy...!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268

Hell yeah, good luck sir!!! icon_cheers.gificon_study.gificon_cheers.gif

Hope you report back that you passed. I definitely respect your dedication. Best to keep trying till you pass, especially because you don't want to lose all the information already in your head!
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We are waiting on word back from you about the CCIE my man. Don't leave us hanging :)
  • Options
    Fingers crossed....
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck sir.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    we're all waiting with baited breath, lets hope you beat it this time icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Suspense is killing me.

Also, this guy is an inspiration.

I salute you, sir!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I haven't checked my email yet... I gave it a really good attempt this time, and feel that I could have done better but was happy with this attempt. I also have come to the decision that I am going to take the next two weeks off and not touch anything except for work related voice stuff... After that If I didn't pass I will go right back to studding and do another attempt... But that is if I didn't pass...icon_redface.gif .. As soon as I look at the scores/Number ... I will post... I just need some time not to think about the test or the results from it... Once again thank you to everyone that has posted... icon_thumright.gif
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    I haven't checked my email yet...
    I'm working from home.... I'll go warm up a beer just in case icon_lol.gif
    I am going to take the next two weeks off and not touch anything except for work related voice stuff
    But you will put Eye of the Tiger on endless loop on an mp3 player for those two weeks and spend a couple hours a day chasing chickens around your back yard to build up your endurance for the Lab, right?
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikej412 wrote: »

But you will put Eye of the Tiger on endless loop on an mp3 player for those two weeks and spend a couple hours a day chasing chickens around your back yard to build up your endurance for the Lab, right?

YouTube - The Big Bang Theory - Eye of the Tiger Scene

:)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks everyone, I haven't checked my email yet... I gave it a really good attempt this time, and feel that I could have done better but was happy with this attempt. I also have come to the decision that I am going to take the next two weeks off and not touch anything except for work related voice stuff... After that If I didn't pass I will go right back to studding and do another attempt... But that is if I didn't pass...icon_redface.gif .. As soon as I look at the scores/Number ... I will post... I just need some time not to think about the test or the results from it... Once again thank you to everyone that has posted... icon_thumright.gif

You have put a hell of a lot of work in since 12 September 2009 to prepare for your two lab attempts. Your blog is just another testimony of how much hard work you need to put in to pass these exams. I wish you well in the result or next attempt!
  • Options
    I hope you got THAT number mate.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Any joy man? Hope you nailed it!
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I've been following this from the start. I hope you nailed it this time.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    Well!?!?!?!!???????? :)
  • Options
    Well I am sure the man's passed. He's probably jetted off to some exotic island to have a well-deserved holiday.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Essendon wrote: »
    Well I am sure the man's passed. He's probably jetted off to some exotic island to have a well-deserved holiday.

I hope so.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    I wish It was true too....But I have just finished my two week hiatus, and looked at my score report ( If you have ever taken the test you know that isn't a good thing...) I still don't really trust their test results, there were things I triple checked and they were spot on.icon_redface.gif ... So I think I am going to take it back down to the basic's and just start over and do all the IPX labs from the beginning. Should be able to blow threw them in a week and a half, then do all the WB2 labs again. Then go back so next lab date probably around late July early August. Knowing how close I am is killing me, It really just comes down to amazing preparation, knowledge and task interpretation.

One thing I can tell you is that after each test I have taken away something that I needed to work on (not just specific technology questions but process changes.) For example after the first attempt I evaluated the process in which I took on task's and changed that, and after the next attempt I evaluated the way I diagrammed the proposed task's. It wasn't until the last attempt that I have come up with a way that works for me to take the proper amount of information and put it into easily viewable segments.. That is I don't spend an hour writing every little thing and never use it because there is too much information, or the opposite of that in spending 10 min on something that really doesn't tell me enough information.

But last and probably most important, THANK YOU EVERYONE.. your comments are a constant affirmation that this is a journey/lifestyle and not just a simple goal to reach. I wish you all good luck on your current or future journey's... icon_thumright.gif

Now enough of that I am going to hit the lab tonight and look over some to the things I had trouble with... and do LAB 1... icon_study.gif
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    gutted for you LC figured you wouldve nailed it this time. I guess it just shows this thing isnt to be taken lightly.
    Hope your studies and plans come to fruition on your next attempt.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wish It was true too....But I have just finished my two week hiatus, and looked at my score report ( If you have ever taken the test you know that isn't a good thing...) I still don't really trust their test results, there were things I triple checked and they were spot on.icon_redface.gif ... So I think I am going to take it back down to the basic's and just start over and do all the IPX labs from the beginning. Should be able to blow threw them in a week and a half, then do all the WB2 labs again. Then go back so next lab date probably around late July early August. Knowing how close I am is killing me, It really just comes down to amazing preparation, knowledge and task interpretation.

One thing I can tell you is that after each test I have taken away something that I needed to work on (not just specific technology questions but process changes.) For example after the first attempt I evaluated the process in which I took on task's and changed that, and after the next attempt I evaluated the way I diagrammed the proposed task's. It wasn't until the last attempt that I have come up with a way that works for me to take the proper amount of information and put it into easily viewable segments.. That is I don't spend an hour writing every little thing and never use it because there is too much information, or the opposite of that in spending 10 min on something that really doesn't tell me enough information.

But last and probably most important, THANK YOU EVERYONE.. your comments are a constant affirmation that this is a journey/lifestyle and not just a simple goal to reach. I wish you all good luck on your current or future journey's... icon_thumright.gif

Now enough of that I am going to hit the lab tonight and look over some to the things I had trouble with... and do LAB 1... icon_study.gif

Sorry to hear dude!! Keep at it... you'll get it! Do not underestimate persistence...

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

I feel for you. You have worked like hell to pass the exam since September last year. Most likely studying for many hours each day including whole evenings and weekends. Keep at it and here's to third time lucky then you can get your life back.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You have to admire the fact that both times this guy has taken the lab, and beaten down each time - he still comes back for more and hits the labs.

This, my friend, is what truly inspires me.

Shame you didn't get it this time, but surely with this attitude you will kick its ass next time round.

Best wishes
    David
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    You will do better this attempt, just do everything over again from top to bottom, and then sink that battleship when you see it out there on the high seas again, and claim victory.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.