Options

How hard is the A+ compared to the Network+?

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
I know I'm doing this backwards but:

TIA

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    abefroman wrote: »

TIA

How much experience do you have?

There is no way to really say, sorry. I'd say they were both extremely easy, but then again, I've been fortunate to have many, many years of experience and find this material fun.

Review the Objectives, everything on the objectives is fair game to be on your exam. Unfortunately, you won't really know 'how' easy or difficult the exams are until you take yours.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    How much experience do you have?

With hardware?

Over the last 15 years I've built/repaired more computers/servers than Carter has liver pills.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    The thing to remember with A+, is it's sort of a trivia test. A good tech could fail this if he doesn't study properly. You may have installed a 16x DVD-ROM a thousand times, but do you know how fast a 16x DVD-ROM reads at in KB's? Expect them sort of questions.

IMHO, I would say it's a little easier then Network+. I found the Network+ questions to be coming out of left field at times. Good luck!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    With hardware?

Over the last 15 years I've built/repaired more computers/servers than Carter has liver pills.

Don't know who Carter is and how his pills relate to IT nor your experience, but if you take a look at the objectives you should be able to gauge for yourself how familiar you are with those topics.

I more the 15 years before I took the A+, but then again, they didn't have an A+ when I was working with PC's.

It's an easy exam, but as mentioend above, not one to be overly confident with. Review the objectives, use Meyers AIO or Sybex as a study source (or both) and it really shouldn't take too many hours to prep.

Or if you are that confident, sign up for the exams and get them out of the way.

And the A+ doens't just consist of hardware, so the candidate is expected to be proficient in several areas, again the objectives will make that all clear.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I found the A+ being much much easier than the Network+.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

TIA

It is pretty easy. Took me about a month to get through it. I grabbed an old PC, a book and went at it. That was like almost 3 years ago. I had about 3 weeks of (hardware) experience at the time.

No offense but if you have so much experience, why are you taking this exam? Is it required for a job or something or are you just doing it for personal reasons?