Options

2nd Shot Voucher?

dkirkdkirk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know of a second shot voucher for the net+ exam?

Meaning: you pay for one voucher and if you fail you get a free chance to retake..

I know that Microsoft has offered them in the past for their exams but are there any for the net+?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dkirk wrote: »

Meaning: you pay for one voucher and if you fail you get a free chance to retake..

I know that Microsoft has offered them in the past for their exams but are there any for the net+?

Thanks in advance

Not sure if this answers your question, but I got this email not to long ago from Vue...
    CompTIA wants you to succeed in your IT career. That’s why we are inviting you to take advantage of this special year-end offer. Retake your CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ exam by December 31, 2009, and save 25%!

Pearson VUE and CompTIA are giving IT professionals the opportunity to invest in their careers with the CompTIA Retake Challenge. For a limited time, retake your CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ exam and receive 25% off the regular price! Enter your following unique voucher number at the time of registration in order to receive your discount

Only candidates who have failed a CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+ exam since January 2008 are eligible to participate in this offer. Voucher numbers will only be valid for a retake of the exam that was failed. Discounted retake exams must be taken by December 31, 2009. Offer valid for one (1) retake of a CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+ exam only. Standard CompTIA retake policy rules apply
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dkirk wrote: »

Thanks in advance

I"ve never seen a '2nd shot' for CompTIA, that seems to be MS thing.

You can use the 'exam voucher' link on the left-hand side and obtain a reduced rate though.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take academic test its a different number test gets you the same certification cost about $100 less than the 250 you would and is cheaper then buying a voucher too. I did this for my sec +
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    dkirkdkirk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses...

@stephens316: I am not familiar with the academic tests that you are referring to? Do you have a link that could provide more information?

@plantwiz: the bundles that are referred to behind the voucher link look good but the practice exams that come with them are for N10-003 not the N10-004. Also the network+ section on this site is geared toward the N10-003, would it be safe to use this as study material?

At the moment, I am using this book Amazon.com: CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004 (9780470427477): Todd Lammle: Books as my primary study guide....

Thanks again.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dkirk,

You could contact the site and inquire if they have an upgrade and when it is due to release.

As far as being 'safe'? Well, there is a significant amount of material that has been retained from N10-003 to the 004 version. YOu could verify the current requirements in the objectives if it is a concern. It will certainly put you on the right path.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Link

Pearson VUE

JK0-015 CompTIA E2C Security+ (2008 Edition) Exam this is the exam I took for my Sec +

You won't see the price until you try registering with VUE get to the check out.icon_santa.gif
    Free Reading : History Books