Options

1841 - Am I missing something ?

Ok I've currently got a 1760 (amongst others) in my rack at home and I'm toying around with getting an ISR, a friend of mine has suggested a 1841(I was looking at the 2800 pricy i know) as a colleague of his (dont ya love chinese whispers) used one for his VP studies.
Now I'm unable to find and ios suitable for the 1841 that will allow me to run voip on these.

So what am I missing ?? Does the 1841 lends itself to voip?
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I don't think any of the 1800s do voice.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The 1841 doesn't support VICs, no DSP Slots, and Multi-Flex Trunks are supported only in data mode -- so NO to voice.

But it will route your VoIP packets through it's little corner of the network like a good little router. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    mikej412 wrote: »
    The 1841 doesn't support VICs, no DSP Slots, and Multi-Flex Trunks are supported only in data mode -- so NO to voice.

But it will route your VoIP packets through it's little corner of the network like a good little router. :D

i agree the 2800 does support voice, 1841 supports qos for voip and all that but not all that you would need to set up cme and stuff
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

I'm fairly sure the only one of the 1800 series that fully supports voice is the 1861, seems to be an obscure model, never seen one on eBay. From what I've read it seems to be a UC520 but with SRST capabilities.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    cheers guys, pretty much what I thought, guess I'll stick with what i've got till I can get a 2800 lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    FWIW, a cheapish option for voice study is the 3725 or 3745. They can handle a ton of phones too.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    ColbyNA wrote: »
    FWIW, a cheapish option for voice study is the 3725 or 3745. They can handle a ton of phones too.

cheers for the heads up on that one, had let those slip my mind icon_smile.gif