Options

how to register?

sinhgadsinhgad Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I am planning to do self-study for the CCNA exam. Can anyone please help me how should i register for the exam. Is it done online or i have to register at the examination center.

I have 4 Cisco Press Books: Network Fundamental by Dye McDonald Rufi
Routing Protocols and Concepts by Graziani J
Accessing the WAN by Vachon Graziani
LAN Switching and Wireless by Lewis

And i also have book by Todd Lammle sixth edition.

Which book should i study from?
Please guys help me, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cisco Testing with Pearson VUE

The latest Cisco Press and/or Sybex books are typically recommended.

Welcome to TE!
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I would recommend reviewing every single one of them. Along with some subnetting practice from:'

subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online

You can never be to prepared! You can only under prepare for the exam. I would study all of your texts, try to get your hands on some equipment and/or a simulator to get some hands on practice of the commands and labbing. This will help prepare you a lot more for when exam time comes. Especially, in the case if you would get a simulation lab.... Definitely don't want to not know what to do in that situation.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys, i figured out how to register for the exam. I am planning to start studying with Sybex Todd Lammle. I also have cbt nuggets videos (2 cds), do u think they are useful from the CCNA exam point of view?
  • Options
    hey guys need some help...
    The CBT Nuggets videos that i have, should i try to finish them before the Todd Lammle book??
  • Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    sinhgad wrote: »
    hey guys need some help...
    The CBT Nuggets videos that i have, should i try to finish them before the Todd Lammle book??

If I had the CBT nuggets + Todd Lammle's book for CCNA studies, I would:
    1. Watch all the CBT nuggets videos to get a feel for the material
    2. Read Todd Lammle's book
    3. Lab
    4. Read areas of the book / watch CBT nuggets videos in areas where you feel you need extra help.
    5. Do the practice questions (all of them) from the book.. from memory they were pretty good.

Alternatively, if you have to catch a train/bus/ferry/tram or something to work/school/college, read the book on the train and watch the videos when you have time at home.

Just remember, it doesn't hurt to reread the book several times or watch videos multiple times. You paid for them so may as well get some good mileage out of them

Hope that helped.
  • Options
    Hi luke_bibby,

Thanks a lot for the advice, i had started with the Todd Lammle's book and completed 4 chapters, but now i am gonna finish the videos first and then continue with the book.

I also have this book for commands CCNA Portable Command Guide, 2nd edition, do u think this book is useful for the sim questions ?? Have u read this book?