Options

Finally gone and booked it!!!

7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well after the hardest year of my life (5 months off through serious illness and the birth of my first child), i have finally booked the CCENT exam, i have completed the Cisco Academy course and read the Odom book 3 times, made loads of notes and spent hours with my lab kit, and battered subnetting questions to death, i finally feel ready to sit the exam, just hope this is enough,
I tried to book the test for this week but the earliest i could get was 8th Jan, more cram time i suppose

Have a great Christmas everyone!
W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops

Comments

• Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am going the same time you are. I have studied as long as you as well. Good luck and enjoy Christmas.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    best of luck thenjduke
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!!!
    Let us know how you get on icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    7255carl wrote: »
    Well after the hardest year of my life (5 months off through serious illness and the birth of my first child), i have finally booked the CCENT exam, i have completed the Cisco Academy course and read the Odom book 3 times, made loads of notes and spent hours with my lab kit, and battered subnetting questions to death, i finally feel ready to sit the exam, just hope this is enough,
    I tried to book the test for this week but the earliest i could get was 8th Jan, more cram time i suppose

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Well done Carl and good luck.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    read the Odom book 3 times

In that case, you'll do just fine. That book is great. Good luck.
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on the new member of your family- and for making it through your illness!.

Sounds like you'll kick some butt. Good luck.
  • Options
    marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    Best wishes pal... Most important thing is to take some rest and sleep well the night of your exam, you'll strictly need a fresh, clear, green mind on this day... And if your baby is too noisy like mine, then Grrrrrrrr sleep in another room and take a pillow to bite on it! Goodluck.
  • Options
    thanks for the support guys, i'll keep you posted
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    rodan07rodan07 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the support guys, i'll keep you posted

Best of luck to you Carl. I'd just like to add that you should stay calm the day before the exam, so you can keep reviewing.

I got majorly screwed over at my job the day before the test, and I was very upset all day, only calming down a bit in the evening before the test. I felt it impacted my score on the ICND2. I passed, but I wish I'd gotten a higher score.

You've done some heavy-duty preparation, so I'm sure you'll pass with high marks. Good luck!

R
    Roy Verges, CCNA
    Working on CCNA Voice & MCSA.
    Hoping for time to exercise and play music (dream on...)