Options

6 Exams and im just MCP :-)

massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
After like 7 months i've been only MCP, now is the time for the results finally, i just miss 70-270!!
After been MCSA/MCSE, it's good to take Cisco Certification? I work as network administrator, so i want to power my skills...i really dont know if i have to go on upgrade my certification to 2k8 or doing a cisco path right now...pls someone with expirience give me an advise...
Thank u to all

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The best advice will be based on information about what you like to do and the job market in your area. Here in my part of the US most companies are mid sized firms that expect their IT staff to fill multiple roles. So after you complete the MCSE it might be ice to add the CCNA.

What are your career goals?
  • Options
    massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi robert, thanks for the answer..
    I just want to power my certifications....i m a network admin...
    Im just a bit confused cause i dont know if i have to do the upgrade of microsoft certifications to MCTS or MCTIP, or choose CCNA...
    What kind of certification u think i should have?
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you want to just beef up your resume and you have Cisco experience then definitely go for the CCNA cert.

You can always upgrade to the MCITP later on. MCSE is still more widely recognised so I reckon you have the MS certs covered for now.