Options

WAN Configuration on the CCENT

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Hello Y'all!

I just finished Wendell Odom's excellent book on the CCENT. Now that I have finished I have a few questions:

1. Is their any WAN configuration on the test?
2. What is the real difference between ICND1 and 2?

Any study advice for the CCENT is greatly appreciated! I figure I should only need another four weeks to study.

Did I mention I am excited about studying Cisco :D

Comments

• Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    I haven't taken it yet, but when I see the question asked everyone says that learning to subnet well and fast is most important!
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • Options
    AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Definately know subnetting cold. You should be able to figure a subnet and range of addresses in your head given only an IP address and subnet mask. Study the ICND1 Press Book and use the Boson exam to practice. You can also find some really good test questions online. Just do a search for ICND1 test questions and you'll find them. Watch your time on the test. It's easy to go too slow when you're nervous. Good luck on the exam!
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • Options
    M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    AD227529 wrote: »
    Definately know subnetting cold. You should be able to figure a subnet and range of addresses in your head given only an IP address and subnet mask. Study the ICND1 Press Book and use the Boson exam to practice. You can also find some really good test questions online. Just do a search for ICND1 test questions and you'll find them. Watch your time on the test. It's easy to go too slow when you're nervous. Good luck on the exam!

Ditto, I was told that you should also be able to figure out that subnet & range of addresses in your head in no longer than 15 seconds. Which, definitely helped for me. And yeah, watch your time. When I went for the BSCI, I lost track of time on a simulator and ended up finishing the entire exam with less than a minute to go. :/ Passed though. :D
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?