Options

A+ exam questions.

trini229trini229 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I m new to this site and the forums,
I have few quesstions on A+ exam. What is best book to buy? also do the online A+ exams questions do they help? can anyone please suggest me best websites invloves with A+ exams.
Also, best way to study for this exam.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    There are several existing threads that answer your exact same questions, perhaps you can review these?

Otherwise:
    1. experience
    2. Objectives from CompTia's site
    2a experience
    3. Meyer book
    3a experience
    4. Sybex book
    4a experience
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like a combination of a book and Testout. With Testout, you don't need real equipment. I suggest you stay away from Jean Andrews unless you want numerous errors. I really like Sybex.

If you are currently a student, you can get Testout for $89 each. The only thing is I don't think they have come out with the 2009 version yet.
  • Options
    darkplayerdarkplayer Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    There are several existing threads that answer your exact same questions, perhaps you can review these?

Otherwise:
    1. experience
    2. Objectives from CompTia's site
    2a experience
    3. Meyer book
    3a experience
    4. Sybex book
    4a experience

I concur, experience is definitely top of the pyramid when it comes to preparing for the A+. I just took the 601 and passed with an 843 with 15 min's to spare. I know I should have gone with the 2009 version, but I was in too deep with 2006.

Next exam, 602.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    One of the things that will help the most with A+ is to get an old computer and practice taking it apart and putting it back together. Practice creating errors you can trouble shoot. I used to have a buddy remove something or unplug a cable and then try to troubleshoot.
    As far as books go, Mike Myer's all in ones are very good. Sybex is also good.
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Yeah, I also used A+ Mike Myers All in One... Myers plus a desktop computer = pass....
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I'd get TestOut.
    It's a pretty good deal if you want to do certs beyond A+.
    Don't over think A+, it's a piece of cake.