Options

Ccent

laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
What are some relevant textbooks to prepare for CCENT? ICND1 (exam code: 640-822)

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have been reading the book by Wendell Odom for the CCENT /CCNA. It is well-written and easy to follow, provided you have some networking knowledge.

I have heard the Todd Lamle book is good as well.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i agree with Psoasman, the odom book is great i am currently using it for this exam, also the technotes from this site are a nice extra for review and subnettingquestion.com is a must for important subnetting practice
    hope this helps

carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I have been reading the book by Wendell Odom for the CCENT /CCNA. It is well-written and easy to follow, provided you have some networking knowledge.

These are both excellent books, I'm going to recommend them as well. One of the most important things I can tell you, though, is to make sure you don't limit yourself too much while you're studying. If you need more information than what is in the CCENT/CCNA material, don't be intimated by the material on Cisco's site, it's all good stuff and there's plenty to learn. The Cisco Press books on stand-alone topics are good resources as well, as are the books on the CCIE R&S reading list. They may look daunting, but I found that there was a lot of stuff that I could learn, even at the CCNA-level, from those books, and reading a couple of chapters out of Routing TCP/IP Volume I and Cisco LAN Switching really nailed down the concepts for me.

Start with the Odom and Lammle books, and "trade up" if you have to. Whatever helps you learn is a good thing. :D (And don't forget that nothing replaces hands-on experience.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »

Lamle book is easier to read but Odom got more in depth information. Use both.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    Also if you go with a cbt video training pay the monet and use cbt nuggets or train, I bought this discount course because of a tight budget and you get what you pay for. What I like about cbt nuggets is its seperated between 2 courses of ICND1 and ICND2.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."