Options

What the hell do I put on a entry level resume?

How do I make one of these? What do I put on it for experience? I'm totally lost here.

Should I just wait until I get certifications to make a resume, I have nothing to put on it but non-I.T jobs.

Comments

• Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    It's a good question, what I found helped me get my foot in the door was doing some voluntary work for a charity organization as a technician. Even if it's just once or twice a week, at least it'll give you a start. That way when you write a resume you got something to put on it, and if you can combine that with a certification, it'll look even better.
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Options
    Main EventMain Event Member Posts: 124
    Where do I apply for charity work?
  • Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Depends where you're located, you can try a web search, or even ask the local city / state government if they have any information. Have a look through the local paper, see if there are any support groups for the disabled and give them a call
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Options
    Sometimes I really wished I would have taken up something else.

Thank you.
  • Options
    This stuff is too depressing icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep getting at those staffers and IT recruiters. I think it's an alright way to build up a confidence, experience, skills, etc.
  • Options
    Fu LoserFu Loser Member Posts: 123
    Local churhes and local village is good place to start volunteering.

Call every IT staffing and recruiting place you can find. If you went to school for your certs count that as experience. IT staffing company may be able to find you a low paying IT job. It still pays more than volunterring.

Once you have your certs finding entry level should not be that hard. Be willing to work a nightshift to babysit routers and watch green lights blink all night :D