Options

Worth taking Net+

1number91number9 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CCNA exam the other day and was wondering if from yours guys' experience if it is worth taking the Net+ exam? or should I go on to another Cisco cert.?

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    The N+ is kind of a step backward if you already have the CCNA. If you have a CCNA it should be assumed that you know N+ material.
  • Options
    cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    1number9 wrote: »
    I passed the CCNA exam the other day and was wondering if from yours guys' experience if it is worth taking the Net+ exam? or should I go on to another Cisco cert.?

It was suppose to be too useful before even the CCENT... Once you got your CCNA, it doesn't matter, however, it won't hurt if you can buy the Network+ (Syngress or Sybex Book) and read it only... Congratulations and best of luck on your futur studies...
  • Options
    M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If all you have is a CCNA, I'd say go for it just because it'll be an easy one to add to your resume.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    M4verick wrote: »
    If all you have is a CCNA, I'd say go for it just because it'll be an easy one to add to your resume.
    would probably be better served by going for some other certification
  • Options
    M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Heero wrote: »
    would probably be better served by going for some other certification

But that's still an easy one to go for and a real easy way to add a quick one for your resume. Especially if you have an employer that would pay for it anyways. It's not like it would be excessively time consuming either. Think of it as a break even from a serious certification.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    But that's still an easy one to go for and a real easy way to add a quick one for your resume. Especially if you have an employer that would pay for it anyways. It's not like it would be excessively time consuming either. Think of it as a break even from a serious certification.

It still takes time to cover the exam's criteria; it won't just be a CCNA minus the Cisco bits. Comptia's too expensive for a resume filler as well.

Better to move on, but make sure your Cisco experience is level with any advanced Cisco certs you may do.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264

But it's a waste of time and money if it adds no value.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    It is a waste of time and money since you got your CCNA. Go for CCNP or another CCNA track like security, voice, etc..
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Move on to the CCxP tracks or the other CCNA tracks, Network+ is basically a big trivia test with a very broad view of networking. Everything to what a subnet is (not how to subnet) to Appletalk. If I remember correctly the test is $250, you could use that to pass one of the CCNP exams along with buying the study material and be ahead of pack.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore