Options

CCENT Boson parctice exam vs real exam

johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
Hello all,

Thank you all for the great posts and tips!!

I have been lurking for a week or two and I thought i should say hi. I am taking the CCENT test this friday and had a quick question. In your opinion were the boson practice questions that came with Wendell Odoms book eaiser or harder than the actual exam.

Thanks
John
CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014

Comments

• Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    johnwest43 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thank you all for the great posts and tips!!

I have been lurking for a week or two and I thought i should say hi. I am taking the CCENT test this friday and had a quick question. In your opinion were the boson practice questions that came with Wendell Odoms book eaiser or harder than the actual exam.

Thanks
    John

Quite a bit harder than the real test IMO.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jmc012 wrote: »
    Quite a bit harder than the real test IMO.

Soo that's why I'm getting a low grade on all my practice tests.
    I know I knew more of the material then what the practice test
    was telling me.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Boson tests when studying for both the ICND1 and the ICND2 tests. I found the Boson exams to be harder than the actual Cisco tests, but they are good learning aids and will show you the areas where you're weak. Use them as a study/learning tool, but don't get too worried if you don't score really high on them. I would say if you can score in the 80% range on the Boson exams then you should have no trouble on the actual Cisco exam. Make sure you practice subnetting. Good luck on the exam!
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I used the Boson practice test for my CCNA 640-802 exam. I did the single exam. I have to say that the Boson tests, really work your mind and make you think. They are way HARDER than the actual exam itself. But, they do an awesome job of preparing you and hitting the spots that you may have forgotten or that you wouldn't think properly on when taking the exam. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    Thanks for the info guys!
    Have any of you used the kits from cisco kits? I am thinking about the advaced ccna kit to use for studing for the icnd2 test as well as for general practice so i dont get rusty.

thanks again
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    johnwest43 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys!
    Have any of you used the kits from cisco kits? I am thinking about the advaced ccna kit to use for studing for the icnd2 test as well as for general practice so i dont get rusty.

thanks again
    If you have the money and don't mind parting with it Cisco Kits is an easy way to get a lab. Equipment isn't always the best but at least it's together. IMHO, you can do much better buying piecemeal on Ebay. Many threads about putting together a lab. Good luck!