Options

70-444 on Saturday

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
Well, evidently I have actually learned something about SQl Server because I am getting killer scores on the practice exams.

I did my typical strategy:
1. Study and lab.
2. Use MS Press MeasureUp software and take quick exams not answering questions I did not know the answer to immediately. Using questions I got wrong to guide my review and labs.
3. Performing certification simulations using SelfTest. Take the test slow and think about the questions. Continue to use wrong answers to guide my review.

My test's on Saturday and I have been scoring in the upper 90s this week.

I have been using TestOut for the 431 as a review. MS Press for the 444, SQL Server 2005 Unleashed, SQL Server 2008 Internals, Inside SQL Server 2008: T-SQL Querying.

The final two books are simply amazing. 90% of what I have been reading is also applicable to SQL Server 2005. I have learned so much about indexing and query tuning. I cannot possibly recommend them enough.

Wish me luck! I will probably be too busy to write about the exam until Monday.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Robert, you sound ready! Good Luck!

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    Probe09Probe09 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I did pretty well. 873, which was right in line with my practice exams. I think this exam was the easiest of the 3. It had a lot about the DMVs, some about SSIS. I can see why they chose to take this cert down to 2 exams in SQL Server 2008. It was really just an easier subset of the 433 with a sprinkling of the above.

I highly suggest the MSPress book for the 444. Make sure you read the Real World sections. Several of those were very, very similar to situations in the exam.

52 questions with some drag and drop.
  • Options
    Probe09Probe09 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!!

I have just started 443.Do you think that it is a good idea to start 444 first,knock it off and keep the momentum?

I have targeted to clear both the exams in next three months.

Good luck..
  • Options
    I would say that is a personal choice. You can certainly prep for them both at the same time. I like to go for the harder stuff first and then mop up with the easier ones. But if you are on a dead line you might want to take the 444 first, to give yourself extra time to dedicate to the 443.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome job Robert, congrats!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Thank you, all. I am very appriciative of all the help I have gotten from on all of my recent certifications. I have learned a lot here.