Options

Test in 12 hours

jwadsjwads Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have used the Exam Cram Network Plus book as my reading material, but am lacking on new questions. Gone through all the questions in that book as well as on this site and a few demo exams I came across. Are there any more banks of questions out there I could access before I take it?

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jwads wrote: »
    I have used the Exam Cram Network Plus book as my reading material, but am lacking on new questions. Gone through all the questions in that book as well as on this site and a few demo exams I came across. Are there any more banks of questions out there I could access before I take it?

Good luck! You probably have done enough. What are you getting on these exams? How long have you been studying? Review your weak areas (if any) and get a good nights sleep.
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Just know your ports well.
  • Options
    I have been studying for about two months on and off, and for the last week solid.

I know my ports really well, I am just afraid of messing up the cable specs and the output functions like NBSTAT and the switches.

Found the study questions on proprofs.com and those seem to be helping, if they are anything like the real deal.

Is the exam multiple choice only or are there fill in the blanks?
  • Options
    I know my ports and only feel shaky on cable specs and output types like NBSTAT and the switches which go with them.

Is the N10-004 exam all MC or some Fill in the Blank?
  • Options
    Did you guys or girls find the exam hard or mostly common sense?
  • Options
    mostly common sense.
    Know ur ports well, protocols, a few commands.
    I'm sure you'll be ok.
    Keep us updated.
  • Options
    I PASSED! I got a 780, 60 pts above the requirement.

I really didn't think I would pass, not many of the questions were on ports or protocols, a lot were on real world situations, which since all I did was read the book, I was really sketchy on them.

Are all N10-004 exams the same, or do they just pull questions from a huge test bank?

I got a question that wanted to know which kind of cable would be terminated with an RJ 11 connection

a Cat5
    b Coax
    c Cat3
    d Fiber

I chose Coax because I thought Cat3/5 were RJ 45 connections and Fiber was ST/SC.

Anyone know the answer for sure and can explain it to me?

Now that I have passed Net +, what should I try for next?

Thanks for all of the help on this board, this information allowed me to pass I am sure.
  • Options
    The answer is CAT3.
    CAT3 is the type of cable used for telephone or modems.
    The connectors on it are called RJ11.
    RJ11 looks like a mini version of the RJ45
  • Options
    I PASSED! I got a 780, 60 pts above the requirement.

Now that I have passed Net +, what should I try for next?

Congrats? What do you want to do and where do you see yourself in the future? You could do Sec+, Linux+, A+, or Server+ (I don't recommend this cert) if you want to stay with comptia, or you could start down a vendor path like Microsoft, Cisco, Red Hat, Sun or Novel.
  • Options
    Ya, I know what RJ 11 and RJ 45 connectins are and all that, I just didn't know that Cat3 was telephone cable because I know there is Cat 3 ethernet cable as well, or at least I thought there was.

What are the "red hat" systems you refer to?
  • Options
    Ya, I know what RJ 11 and RJ 45 connectins are and all that, I just didn't know that Cat3 was telephone cable because I know there is Cat 3 ethernet cable as well, or at least I thought there was.

Red hat systems are linux boxes
    redhat.com | Certification
  • Options

After reading what you just said then I'd say you should go for A+ certs and have a good foundation before you go any further.
  • Options
    I have A+ certification already, looking for something along the lines that would make me a better helpdesk admin
  • Options
    If that's your focus then maybe start looking at MCP for now?
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    I have A+ certification already, looking for something along the lines that would make me a better helpdesk admin

And if you goal is helpdesk admin, tbh, you have a good start (A+/Net+ got me my first helpdesk role). Wouldn't hurt to toss in a Microsoft cert or two.

But I think Knw was asking, was in a longer term. Where do you want to be in the future? Surely you don' want to do helpdesk forever. Start heading towards the path you see yourself in 3, 5, 10. Windows admin? Network eng? Security? Red Hat admin? Sun? There are many paths to take in the IT field. Finding one that fits you can be very rewarding.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel