Options

Passed 70-293 yesterday

MishkoMishko Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guy, passed with 890score, during exam i thought it will be something more then 700 but I was pleasantly surprised by score. I used this forum to get info for exams and I saw that PKI was important, but I couldn't practise that trough the lab. I Install CA but I didn't use it with VMware to go through all certificates issues. Any way had 50q including SIMS, which includes almost everything PKI, Server cluster, GPO's.
Here is my transcrip :
70-290
70-291
70-293
70-294
70-350
70-270
70-297

I would like to go for security cert, but do I need 298 and 299 or just one of them? Can someone help me with this!?
thanks for everyone here for information sharing :)!

Comments

• Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, it's a damn hard one to study for.
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent score on a tough test! Well Done! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes, you should have taken the 298 and not the 297! You need the 298 and the 299 or the 298 and Sec+.
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! Great score.
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Congrats... I will take mine tomorrow... (hope to finish this before christmas)....
  • Options
    Yes, you should have taken the 298 and not the 297! You need the 298 and the 299 or the 298 and Sec+.

Thanks I saw it myself later, what can I do I will try it both 298 and 299 any tips which one first? 298 probably I guess?!? But I got a job from January so this two will go much slower...
  • Options
    jojopramos wrote: »
    Congrats... I will take mine tomorrow... (hope to finish this before christmas)....

Good luck Jojo! Reply here after how it was! We are waiting for good newicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Mishko wrote: »
    Thanks I saw it myself later, what can I do I will try it both 298 and 299 any tips which one first? 298 probably I guess?!? But I got a job from January so this two will go much slower...

I have read suggestions from users here stating that taking both of these on the same day is no big deal, same material, just in different formats. Transcender/selftest will give you a good idea of what to expect, is what they also say. I have not taken these tests myself, just quoting what I have read in the past on this forum.

Good luck. With the score you had on the 293, you won't need luck.
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Mishko wrote: »
    Hi guy, passed with 890score, during exam i thought it will be something more then 700 but I was pleasantly surprised by score. I used this forum to get info for exams and I saw that PKI was important, but I couldn't practise that trough the lab. I Install CA but I didn't use it with VMware to go through all certificates issues. Any way had 50q including SIMS, which includes almost everything PKI, Server cluster, GPO's.
    Here is my transcrip :
    70-290
    70-291
    70-293
    70-294
    70-350
    70-270
    70-297

I would like to go for security cert, but do I need 298 and 299 or just one of them? Can someone help me with this!?
    thanks for everyone here for information sharing :)!

Mishko: what did you think of the 294 exam?
    I'm studying for mine and may take it in a few weeks.
    what areas shud i focos on more than others?
    how wud u rank the 294?
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    yahoo... I passed my 293 exam. This exam is a beast. study your GPO, DNS, PKI and clustering. It is really a beast... and i will be having a merry christmas indeed... it's time for drinking beer...

I can now start my CCNA quest. (start on reviewing after new year)
  • Options
    hdgorehdgore Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate...your high score is certainly an excellent achievement icon_cheers.gif
    For your security certification, i reckon you go for 70-298.
    All the best !!