Options

New Certificate style from CompTIA

2»

Comments

• Options
    j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    brad- wrote: »
    I had to email their support staff, write in the comments sections - asking them how to do it, they replied to me with a link. You could probably get it a little faster if you can call.

Is it just a generic link? If so, can you post it?
  • Options
    rszpanderferrszpanderfer Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hate to bump this back up again, but do you think you could provide the link that CompTIA gave you in their e-mail?

I've tried e-mailing them twice about this and they've only sent back an auto-response and I still haven't heard back from them at all (its been like 3 weeks)...

I'd very much appreciate it since I would like to re-order my A+ certificate.

Edit: I gave them a call and they told me to put "Replacement Kit Application Needed" in the subject line for an e-mail addressed to questions@comptia.org... of course that was useless because all I got back was once again an auto-response. icon_neutral.gif
    Passed on 2/20: Network+, Score - 840
    Next: Security+ and Server+
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CompTIA sent me a new version of my certification two weeks ago that states it's a lifetime cert. Nice... :)
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you request it or did they just send it to you?
    I took my Net+ and Security+ last year and haven't hear from them.
  • Options
    They just sent it to me. From what I understand it has to do with the retraction of their policy of retroactively making every A+/Network+/Security+ person have to re-certify or pay a yearly fee to stay certified. Mine had an expiration date on which is why I believe they sent me a new one.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    The lifetime thing by the end of this year is why im pushing my CompTIA certs to the front of my WGU studies. May as well get them in permanence if im going to have to do them.
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    The lifetime thing by the end of this year is why im pushing my CompTIA certs to the front of my WGU studies. May as well get them in permanence if im going to have to do them.

Exactly! That is the reason why I did the A+ classes immediately.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Now all the CompTIA you have left is the Projects+
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    earweed wrote: »
    Now all the CompTIA you have left is the Projects+

Me? I have Project+ and Sec+.
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Me? I have Project+ and Sec+.
    They send you a book for the SEC+ class but I barely touched it. I just used the Sybex books and the Video training and the Labsim CBT.
    The book WGU sends you is word for word what you can watch on the skillsoft module for the class
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    miketormiketor Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys. Couple questions about the new cert design. What size frame are you guys using for the cert? It measures at 8.5 x 5.5 and I can't find any frame that fits that size. Also, what is the purpose of the laminated card?
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    miketor wrote: »
    Hey Guys. Couple questions about the new cert design. What size frame are you guys using for the cert? It measures at 8.5 x 5.5 and I can't find any frame that fits that size. Also, what is the purpose of the laminated card?

Well if you really really really want to frame it, you use an oversized frame and cut out a piece of mat board. That is what a frame shop will do. Mat board cutouts are the normal way certificates are done anyway. You can buy a mat cutter at most frame or art supply stores. The cutter puts a 45 degree angle on the cutout.

Microsoft started selling oversized wood frames with mat cutouts a few months back on their online store; gold leafed with MCSE, MCTIP or MCTS depression engraved. Expensive however at $19 bucks each. Then you have to also pay for the printed cert.

The card is to pick up hot geek chicks.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If You Send a request for reprints of your certs Will they be printeted on the New Style?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    qwertyiop wrote: »
    Nice, I may order a reprint for my comptia certs

See, then can still make money off us :) We'll fall for that new cert look icon_lol.gif

I did when my name changed...only because I wanted everything to be consistent.

I think the red looks pretty nice compared to the tan ones I have and the original blue ones.....but since I don't use them/display them and never been asked to produce them for a client....I think I'll pass on ordering some...but they do look nicer.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    DoubleD wrote: »
    If You Send a request for reprints of your certs Will they be printeted on the New Style?

I talked to them a couple of months ago, and they said they would. I would call them, or e-mail them to confirm though.
  • Options
    miketormiketor Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Well if you really really really want to frame it, you use an oversized frame and cut out a piece of mat board. That is what a frame shop will do. Mat board cutouts are the normal way certificates are done anyway. You can buy a mat cutter at most frame or art supply stores. The cutter puts a 45 degree angle on the cutout.

Microsoft started selling oversized wood frames with mat cutouts a few months back on their online store; gold leafed with MCSE, MCTIP or MCTS depression engraved. Expensive however at $19 bucks each. Then you have to also pay for the printed cert.

The card is to pick up hot geek chicks.
    I don't want to deal with buying a frame and a cutout and all that. I just want something simple that it can slide into. Hmm, so in general, do most people not frame them?

Re: the card, heh seriously is there any real purpose to them?
  • Options
    I don't want to deal with buying a frame and a cutout and all that. I just want something simple that it can slide into. Hmm, so in general, do most people not frame them?

If you want to frame it you can just get a 8-1/2 x 11 frame and put a piece of paper behind it.
    Some people like to keep the cards in their wallets. You can take them out and show them during an interview if you like. People who work as field techs may find a use for them.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□

I take them with me into interviews. They are a good spot confirmation of your certification suite.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□

Then go the cheap route and use a piece of heavy bond behind it. From two feet or so you can't tell the difference. a tap from a glue stick will keep it from moving while you slide it in.

Re Re: the card, did you think I wasn't serious?? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. Have you tried it at a convention or trade show yet??

Actually you have to watch or better ignore my crazy sense of humor. They used to be just stiff paper. My CompTIA membership is a credit card one like your new one. It had most of them on it SNAILS+ (Server+, Net+, A+, Inet+, Linux+ Security+). I may add Project+ and I don't think I have one with CTT+ on it. I was very ill for a while and I let my membership lapse.

Now what did I do with them? they were just proof that you had attained the cert before CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper etc. opened up online verification sites. Ask a union member what do they do with their union card. They probably can't tell you other than remembering their ID number. That is what I do with mine, remember my ID number because it was/is a site logon ID
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    digitaledgedigitaledge Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, i emailed comptia regarding the certificate reprint , they sent me a link..its a form you have to fill it then fax it back,...it cost $15....here is the link...

EDITED: sorry guys link wont work here...but i can send you attachement form (.doc) if you pm me

cheers
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    brad- wrote: »
    Anyway, I have to say I like previous version graphics and design...it was just lame that it was on a peice of paper. This one is like a credit card, but with a very bland design.

I also thought the old design was pretty cool looking. I wish they would have distinguished a little more between different certs. My A+ Net+ and Sec+ shouldn't be identical except for a date and a title.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can download your certificate in PDF format, just log in with your CompTIA Career ID HERE

Edit: they updated my A+ and Network+ certificate to the new design which is pretty sweet!