Options

video help a+

bubsbubs Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been looking into a+ videos because i am crap at studying out of a book and take it in better when i watch videos rather than reading books, has anyone tryed the following and would i be able to pass without reading books?
Nbt nuggets?
professor messers (free)
and a program called Testout

thnaks in advanced

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    bubs wrote: »
    I have been looking into a+ videos because i am crap at studying out of a book and take it in better when i watch videos rather than reading books, has anyone tryed the following and would i be able to pass without reading books?
    Nbt nuggets?
    professor messers (free)

thnaks in advanced

CBT Nuggets comes highly recommended from many members of this board, including me. They're a great resource, but they don't replace a book so much as complement it. I really like TestOut as well, there are videos, interactive sims, and unit-quizzes to help you along. One one hand, the CBT Nuggets videos tend to be more thorough and cover a lot of material as stand-alone videos. The videos from TestOut aren't as thorough, they're bolstered by printable info pages and the simulations in the program, so that may or may not be as helpful to you.

They're both excellent, I can highly recommend either one. The Professor Messer I've never tried, so I can't comment.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nbt nuggets?
    professor messers (free)

thnaks in advanced

Which version of the A+ exam do you plan to take? There is the 2006 version, which

expires in February 28, 2010, and then there is the new 2009 version, that just came out.

I checked prep logic, Testout,Trainsignal, Prep Logic, and CBT Nuggests website, and none them offered CBT training for the A+ 2009( exam codes 701, 702)

Other computer based learning websites:

Train Signal: CompTIA A+

Training, A+ Certification, A+ Essentials 220-601, IT Technician 220-602, Remote Support

Technician 220-603, Depot Technician 220-604 | Train Signal

Prep Logic:

Certification Exam Training : CBT Video Training for A+ Certification Exam, MCSE

Certification Exam, CCNA Certification Exam, more

If you’re a student, then I recommend going with Testout, because you can get a huge student discount!
    Also, another great website I recommend students signing up for is Welcome — Association for Computing Machinery
    They offer CBT’s via Kaplan IT training..
    Also their memberships fee’s are relatively low.
    here are some of the benefits for a student membership at ACM:

Student Membership Benefits

Free access to 100+ software packages from the Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance
    (Please note: The Microsoft Developer Academic Alliance package offered to Student Members DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY VERSION OF Windows 7.)
    More than 2,500 online courses in multiple languages and 1,000 virtual labs from Element K®
    500 online books powered by Books24x7®
    Electronic subscription to CACM magazine
    Access to ACM's new highly targeted Career & Job Center
    Free e-mentoring services from MentorNet ®
    Electronic subscription to Crossroads magazine
    ACM CareerNews (bimonthly)
    ACM e-news digest TechNews (triweekly)
    ACM monthly online newsletter MemberNet
    ACM Online Guide to Computing Literature
    Free "acm.org" email forwarding address plus filtering through Postini
    Options to subscribe to the full ACM Digital Library
    PS Would you be able to pas without reading a book, probalby not. However, alot of the IT training companies will claim that if you usetheir video(CBT's) that you won't need to open a book.

I suggest going with the Sybex cert book kit.. CompTIA A+ 2009: CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exams 220-701 (Essentials) and 220-702 (Practical Application) - Book Information - Sybex

Also look into this book too..InformIT: CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram:

you can find these books at Amazon.com

I hope this helps you on your journey to you A+ certification, Good Luck :) Welcome to TE
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Nbt nuggets?
    professor messers (free)

thnaks in advanced

CBT Nuggets is very good and geared more toward specific exams.
    TrainSignal tend to be a more whole 'package' learning, rather then a specific exam.

BOTH ARE very good, but each has their strenghts, so review both sites and contact their sales folks if you have specific concerns. CS on both are very responsive.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    bubsbubs Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz, NetworkingStudent, Slowhand

thanx for your helpful advice. I live in the uk and apparently i can take comptia a+ 2006 up until july 2010. anyway i have cbt nuggets 2006, and because a lot of people recommend it, i think i will stick with it. I plan to take the 2006 exam, as i work part time in a computer workshop so i can gain experiance and i am about half way through cbt. i have the a+ mike myers book which is awesome, but i find it waffles about certain things, like for example the anti static wrist strip i think he went on about that for 5 pages. And most a+ techs i know dont even use one.

Thanks again all of you. Oh and by the way the professor messer videos are Free, and i must say he is pretty good. but because they are free are they as good as cbt which i have to pay for?

Also, would it be better to continue 2006 or would it be better to start 2009?