Policys

ivlattivlatt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Thanks for reading.

Currently studying for 290 and slowwwly making my way through my MS Press book. I'm also currently running 2003 Enterprise as my main OS and using an XP VM.

I'm absolutely baffled by my issue, I've tried Googling it but nothing's been resolved.

Last night I was trying to add a GPO to a test OU of mine for experience purposes, afterwards then running gpupdate /force. Afterwards logging onto the XP machine to find no changes have been made. Also when I run gpresult from the XP machine, I get "The user domain\administrator does not have RSOP data.

Eventually gave up with this and decided I'd try modifying the local policy on the XP machine. Once again, no result.

If anyone could help with this, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What settings are you trying to apply?
  • ivlattivlatt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for taking the time to reply

These were settings I chose at random for testing purposes.

User config\Admin templates\Control panel\Add or remove programs\Remove add or remove programs - enabled

User config\Admin templates\Control panel\Display\Remove from control panel - enabled

User config\Admin templates\Control panel\System\Ctrl+Alt+Del options\Remove change password - enabled
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    And you have user objects in that OU and not computer objects?
    Yes just one test user

I have also tried some local and domain computer config policys too with no result either
  • ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    run gpresult and see what gpo are being apply and filter to the pc and user
    When I run gpresult from the XP machine, I get "The user domain\administrator does not have RSOP data."
    Strange, it's now working!
    Thanks anyhow