Install PKI

fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
We are in the process of implementing a PKI using windows 2003 for wireless authentication using. We decided to go with Standalone Root CA instead of Enterprise CA because we have some wireless devices that are not part of the domain. We have installed Windows 2003 and added the Standalone Root CA. We are able to get users certificate through web enrollment, but have no idea how to request a computer certificate which will be used by all users for wireless authentication.
Could some shed some light on how to request a computer certificate? and How to implement such a plan.

Thank You

Comments

• ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    fid500 wrote: »
    We are in the process of implementing a PKI using windows 2003 for wireless authentication using. We decided to go with Standalone Root CA instead of Enterprise CA because we have some wireless devices that are not part of the domain. We have installed Windows 2003 and added the Standalone Root CA. We are able to get users certificate through web enrollment, but have no idea how to request a computer certificate which will be used by all users for wireless authentication.
    Could some shed some light on how to request a computer certificate? and How to implement such a plan.

Thank You

here take a look at this link

HOW TO: Install a Certificate for Use with IP Security

i think i would just set up 802.1x with ms-chap v2 authentication instead of certificates,
  • fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have previously implemented PEAP using MS-Chap v2, but had all kind of issues with group policies timing out and not able to remote to the machine onece the user logs out of the pc. I prefer using certificates so any user logging to the computer will be allowed access to the wireless using computer certificate issued by the standalone CA.