Options

Getting Ready for CCNP - Start with BSCI 2 Weeks ago

abdulwartabdulwart Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys;

Just ordered my lab as below specs from CiscoKits.com:

bullet1.gif Four 2611XM 128/32 Routers for IPv6, 12.4 & SDM concepts
bullet1.gif Two 3560 Layer 3 Switches
bullet1.gif Two 2960 Switches
bullet1.gif One Cisco 2511 Router with 16/16 to act as your Terminal Services Router
bullet1.gif Two Octol Cables for the 2511 Router
bullet1.gif One Cisco 2006 Wireless Controller
bullet1.gif Eight WIC-1T Serial Modules
bullet1.gif Two 1231 Access Points
bullet1.gif Eight Back to Back Cables
bullet1.gif Ten Ethernet Patch Cables
bullet1.gif Ten Crossover Ethernet Patch Cables
bullet1.gif Two Console Kits
bullet1.gif BCSI, BCMSN, ISCW & ONT Lab Manuals included to match the equipment
bullet1.gif 11 Power Cords

Already have the CBTNugtes Videos
Ordered the Cisco-Press Self Study Guide, Lab Portfolio, and the Exams Certification Guide.

expecting things to be with me around first week of Jan, 2010.

any advise for the material in term of hardware of books to have it?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Nice lab to get a lot done, but cisco kits is very expensive. Hope you didn't spend to much for it. On the other hand its nice to have everything put together already.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow nice lab, sounds expensive as the 2006 WLC alone is around 800 -1g. You have a lab for CCIE and CCNA Wireless.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    abdulwartabdulwart Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    Nice lab to get a lot done, but cisco kits is very expensive. Hope you didn't spend to much for it. On the other hand its nice to have everything put together already.

Oww yeah, it was quite expensive to me, I paid almost 7K USD and more 2K USD to get it shipped to me.

I have read alot of threads in TechExams and found that I need to go for one more purchase (Routing TCP/IP Volume 1, and 2) for more understanding of the BSCI.

But my question here is in Cisco Press there is only this title:
    Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 and I could not find Routing TCP/IP Volume 2. However, there is Routing TCP/IP Volume I (not for sale) and Routing TCP/IP Volume II. Shall I go for Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 and Routing TCP/IP Volume II?

Thanks
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    abdulwart wrote: »
    But my question here is in Cisco Press there is only this title:
    Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 and I could not find Routing TCP/IP Volume 2. However, there is Routing TCP/IP Volume I (not for sale) and Routing TCP/IP Volume II. Shall I go for Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 and Routing TCP/IP Volume II?
    Volume 1 is on it's 2nd edition -- lots of upgrades for IPv6 were added in the 2nd edition.

Volume 2 only has the one edition.

In the "official titles" they use the Roman Numerals instead of the numbers we use when talking (and posting) about them. Um, but it looks like sometimes even the book vendors can't tell a I from a 1 icon_lol.gif

Routing TCP/IP, Volume I, 2/e

Routing TCP/IP, Volume II

It is probably best to use the ISBN numbers off these links if you want to order them from somewhere closer to home.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Wow, 10k, sounds like you are serious about it. Hopefully you'll be moving towards the CCIE as well with that lab. Good luck, happy hunting ;)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab