Options

CCNA-2 got a A yay

jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
just passed my CCNA 2 class and am thinking of trying to get my ccent in the next few months, my original goal was this month but got swomped with other junk, and got lazy cause of it, my schools ccna2 program is kinda old(based on 801) using the routers and routing basics book. Next I suppose its switching, some sdm, and nat learning, subnet practice and I'm good to go right? my next class is covering switching, and some more advanced routing(ospf) wile yes I have and will be learning some icnd 2 stuff(and some of the more basic ccnp r&s) but I don't wanna just wait and take the whole ccna all at once, not till next summer right before I take(or test out of) WAN tech. What do you guys think?
Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
HTC students encouraged to join :)

Comments

• Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are using the 801 material, i recommend you pick up an 802 book and read the material in that. Cisco has added more material in the 802 exam and removed stuff like ISDN. I am not totally sure of everything they added, but i would suggest looking at the blueprint for the exam.
  • Options
    I have to agree with ziggi. I took the CCDA test a couple years ago and studied the wrong version of the test (off by 1 version) and I got massacred. Not only did I bomb the test I did not recognize some of the questions. It was the fastest Cisco test I ever took - under 20 minutes LOL

Make sure you review the current version they can change alot
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you're following the old curriculium you won't know enough for the CCENT exam until after the 3rd Semester of old material.

And you'll definitely want to study the "new stuff" before you attempt the ICND2 exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    Yeah exactly, I also got the sybex ccna book, as well as the portable command line(and 5 real routers, and 2 switches, need to upgrade to better routers though I got three 2500s, and a 2600, switches are 2950s though, gonna get a 3550 eventually and 2600xm routers) But our teachers are supplementing the material with their own power point presentations and what not in addition
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)