Options

Do I still have time....

2»

Comments

• Options
    joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will you be able to go from MCSA:2003 to the MCITP without gaining your MCSE first?
    Yes, according to my Microsoft Regional Service Center this is the path they recommend for me going from MCSA 2000 to MCITP without the MCSE:

Exam 70-290 and Exam 70-291 will give you the credit for Exam 70-292. Once you would achieve MCSA certification on Windows server 2003, you may only take Windows server 2008 transition exam 70-648 in order to achieve following MCTS certifications.

By passing exam 70-648 you will earn following certifications:
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration
    and
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration

Then, if you would take the exam 70-646, you would also achieve MCITP: Server Administrator certification on Windows server 2008.

You may then take these exams to upgrade to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification on Windows server 2008:
    70-643
    70-620 or 70-624
    1 Professional series Enterprise Administrator certification ? 70-647
  • Options
    TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Will you be able to go from MCSA:2003 to the MCITP without gaining your MCSE first?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcsa.aspx#tab4

Third column shows the path.
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Thank you for the information. I will continue on with my prep for the 290 / 291 exams - then look into the MCITP.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    snadam wrote: »
    That being said, I would prefer a later MCSE retirement, so I have more time to complete the last 2 required exams. :)

So you are hoping for two more years?

(Somebody had to say it - icon_lol.gif)
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    So you are hoping for two more years?

(Somebody had to say it - icon_lol.gif)

Actually, three icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thank you for the information. I will continue on with my prep for the 290 / 291 exams - then look into the MCITP.

I still havent decided if thats going to be my plan too. Im probably going for MCSE just because its been my goal for the last 7 years. Lets just call it self gratification.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    LOL, I don't know, I may start giving snadam a run for his money. I did have a 8 month break for work/family issues, but now am back.

If I can get motivated, surely we can cross the finish line at the same time buddy!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!