Options

I passed, and hello everyone

BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, although this is my first post I have been lurking around here for the past couple of months. I have been reading the posts on here which have had some great conversations, advice, and encouragement to all those who attempt these exams. So now that I have successfully taken and passed the BSCI exam this morning on my first try, I thought I would add what I could to the community.

I passed with an 869. Could have been better if I didn't accidentally skip answering the other 2 questions out of a 3 question testlet (Doh! icon_redface.gif), but I am happy nonetheless though and can now really enjoy the holidays icon_cheers.gif. Was definitely a difficult test though, don't downplay this one. When you think you have studied enough, study some more.

Now onto what I used to prepare....... ****, ****, and more ****! JK icon_lol.gif, I did it legit.

I actually took this through the Cisco Net Academy through UW-Stout, so it also counts as credit towards my BS degree. Downside is it's a full semester course, so it will take me a little longer to fully complete my CCNP. The plus side is however that with my tuition it included a voucher to take the exam for free, plus 4 months of unlimited remote lab use that consists of 2800 series routers. Other than that I just used the curriculum from the cisco academy, the BSCI portable command guide, and the BSCI exam cert guide (I didn't find much value in this book). I thought the material through the academy was really good, covered everything in great detail (read through this twice). Also the quizzes that are provided in the academy are very helpful, they are a lot closer to what you see on the exam than the CD's provided with the exam cert guides have.

That's about all I have to say about that, hopefully I didn't rant too much. Now time to enjoy the holidays and start up on BCMSN and CCNA:Voice next semester. Happy holidays everyone
In Progress:
BS - Information and Communication Technology
CCIE Written

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz and welcome to TE! Enjoy the holiday!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats :)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    svo4dot6svo4dot6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, BCMSN next?
  • Options
    svo4dot6 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, BCMSN next?

Indeed. Also going to try to do CCNA:Voice at the same time. Guess I'll find out how studying for two exams at once goes.
    In Progress:
    CCIE Written
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Bluetorch wrote: »
    Indeed. Also going to try to do CCNA:Voice at the same time. Guess I'll find out how studying for two exams at once goes.

Congrats and good luck on your studies.
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Nice work. Passing always feels great.
  • Options
    abdulwartabdulwart Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Job and good luck on what is coming next. Enjoy your Holiday.

For all of you guys, Happy new Year and marry Xmas
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job!

I'm scared to death about this exam (currently studying for BCMSN as my first exam)

Try to get a summer job filling in for a NOC guy, if you're lucky you'll learn a lot, if you just get it, it'll still look good on the CV :)
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and respect for not using ****. :D
  • Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    How was that school for your ccnp teachings? And where are you getting your bs at? I'll be looking at all that when I'm done at Hennepin Tech(In Eden Prairie, Minnesota). Well hopefully anyway, I've been kinda curious about a bachlers in network administration, when im done with my associates
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • Options
    jjbrog wrote: »
    How was that school for your ccnp teachings? And where are you getting your bs at? I'll be looking at all that when I'm done at Hennepin Tech(In Eden Prairie, Minnesota). Well hopefully anyway, I've been kinda curious about a bachlers in network administration, when im done with my associates

I am going to the University of Wisconsin - Stout for both my CCNP classes and my Bachelor of Science degree in Information and Communication Technology. I think its a good place to consider if you are looking to get both your CCNP and an BS degree. The degree is offered both on campus and online, I have been taking to online option. The school uses the Cisco network acadamey curriculum, which I think is pretty good, plus you get plently of lab time. It's a good place to consider, especially if you dont wan't to relocate (I live up around Anoka/Blaine).
    In Progress:
    CCIE Written
  • Options
    jonfc3sjonfc3s Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Congrats.

That test is a... I'll quit while I'm ahead ;)
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • Options
    I am going to the University of Wisconsin - Stout for both my CCNP classes and my Bachelor of Science degree in Information and Communication Technology. I think its a good place to consider if you are looking to get both your CCNP and an BS degree. The degree is offered both on campus and online, I have been taking to online option. The school uses the Cisco network acadamey curriculum, which I think is pretty good, plus you get plently of lab time. It's a good place to consider, especially if you dont wan't to relocate (I live up around Anoka/Blaine).

Just took a look at that degree plan. It does look nice.
  • Options
    iproute - I'll agree with you there, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to pass the test when I clicked to finish. Certainly one hell of a test.

veritas - Yeah, for a Bachelors degree it stays pretty technical, which I like. Where are you planning on going for your degree?
    In Progress:
    CCIE Written
  • Options
    veritas - Yeah, for a Bachelors degree it stays pretty technical, which I like. Where are you planning on going for your degree?

Western Governors University