BSCI battle

svo4dot6svo4dot6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I fought the BSCI and won today =)

All I can say about the exam is that it was a major beating in the face. I studied for about 3 months with about 8 hours or so a week. I primarily used:
- CBT to introduce the topics
- Authorized self study guide
- Bryant study guide to review
- TCP Routing Vol1 to fill in the gaps

During the test I felt pretty confident, but had a lot of multicast stuff that surprised me. Might sound like a shocker, but I actually wish the test was longer. There were a few topics that I felt were pretty important and were not touched at all by the questions I got on the exam....but oh well at least its all over.

Thanks everyone, the advice on this forum is priceless.

Time for a cigar and hopefully Santa brings me my ISCW materials for christmas =)

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy the Cigar and the Holidays icon_rendeer.gif -- and then back to the books icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats, ISCW was fun. Not nearly as hard as the BSCI, but still very challenging and the labs were very useful in the real world. Good luck bro.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to you too, feels good to get this test out of the way doesn't it?

I agree with you though and felt that some of the much larger topics such as OSPF and BGP were not touched as much in the exam as IPV6 and Multicast were. Oh well, it still counts.
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written
  • cyberjunkiecyberjunkie Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    Today I passed BSCI now next target ISCW
    “Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.”:wink:
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Nice job guys, keep up the good work.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    svo4dot6 wrote: »
    I fought the BSCI and won today =)

All I can say about the exam is that it was a major beating in the face. I studied for about 3 months with about 8 hours or so a week. I primarily used:
    - CBT to introduce the topics
    - Authorized self study guide
    - Bryant study guide to review
    - TCP Routing Vol1 to fill in the gaps

During the test I felt pretty confident, but had a lot of multicast stuff that surprised me. Might sound like a shocker, but I actually wish the test was longer. There were a few topics that I felt were pretty important and were not touched at all by the questions I got on the exam....but oh well at least its all over.

Thanks everyone, the advice on this forum is priceless.

Time for a cigar and hopefully Santa brings me my ISCW materials for christmas =)

Congrats on the pass! I take my exam January 25th, 2010. 27 days remaining and they are going by VERY VERY fast. I can't wait to fight the battle and hope that I come out on top as well :) I guess time will tell!
  • svo4dot6svo4dot6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone....got my ISCW books so going to hit it pretty hard after the first of the year, goal being to wrap up the CCNP by June.
    Congrats on the pass! I take my exam January 25th, 2010. 27 days remaining and they are going by VERY VERY fast. I can't wait to fight the battle and hope that I come out on top as well :) I guess time will tell!

Good luck, all i can say is that the test was pretty straight forward, with one or two curve balls =)