Options

70-680 towards MCSA:2003 & MCITP:EA?

andrew09andrew09 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I tried to find this info everywhere and I can't seem to find it so I'm hoping someone here can answer my question. I'm just wondering, I recently passed the 70-680 and got my MCSA and now I'm planning on going for MCITP:EA... does anyone know if this exam can ALSO count as my elective client exam for ITP or would I now have to write the 70-620 or 70-624 to satisfy that requirement? Thanks ahead of time for any help anyone can provide.
Completed: [A+:2009, MCP, MCSA:2003, MCTS x6, MCITP:EDA7]

Studying for: [MCITP:SA (646), MCITP:EA (643, 647)]

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    andrew09 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I tried to find this info everywhere and I can't seem to find it so I'm hoping someone here can answer my question. I'm just wondering, I recently passed the 70-680 and got my MCSA and now I'm planning on going for MCITP:EA... does anyone know if this exam can ALSO count as my elective client exam for ITP or would I now have to write the 70-620 or 70-624 to satisfy that requirement? Thanks ahead of time for any help anyone can provide.

Yes!

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcitp.aspx#tab2
  • Options
    Wow thanks for the really fast reply! I'm still unsure... I know the requirements for both tracks (MCSA and MCITP:EA) but I don't think I worded my question very well lol What I meant was basically, since I "used" the 70-680 to complete my MCSA, can it also count as the elective for MCITP:EA or since it has been "used" must I write one of the other 2 electives?

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Whenever you have questions like this the best way to verify what you need is to check the certification planner on the MCP site. Look under the MCITP EA and it will show you what you require.

But the answer to your question is still yes. You get the right to take the upgrade exams for having the MCSA. The upgrade gives you the MCTS certs you need. Those + the Pro and the 680 exam give you the EA cert.
  • Options
    GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    andrew09 wrote: »
    Wow thanks for the really fast reply! I'm still unsure... I know the requirements for both tracks (MCSA and MCITP:EA) but I don't think I worded my question very well lol What I meant was basically, since I "used" the 70-680 to complete my MCSA, can it also count as the elective for MCITP:EA or since it has been "used" must I write one of the other 2 electives?

Just so you know you never "use" the MCTSes up like the 70-680. You could use the same 680 exam towards any of the MCITPs which require it over and over again.
  • Options
    mahreeseamahreesea Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Andrew,

Yes, it can. I had emailed MS last month with this exact question and they verified it will be used towards both certifications. To quote:

"1. We would like to inform you that yes, after passing exam 70-680 you will achieve MCSA Messaging on Windows Server 2003 Certification and also MCTS:Windows 7 Configuring.
    2. Yes, Exam 70-680 will also count towards MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Certification. "
    Currently Studying: 70-648
    Completed: 70-290, 70-291, 70-284, 70-680

B.S., Business Information Systems Management
  • Options
    Perfect, thanks alot for all the help guys, much appreciated!!