Options

Passed CCENT

goks4jobsgoks4jobs Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Gave my ICND1 exam today and passed..!

Being my first ever Cisco test, By the time, I arrived at the exam center 30mins before schedule, I was damn nervous, cudnt even manage a smile at the Test Center. I kept telling to myself for thos 30mins.. "Hey..its okay if you lose ur first exam"

Anticipating the worst, I started off. 40 Qns in all. Right from the beginning, I got attacked by Simlets. Drained and confused out of nervousness, I consumed 20 mins to finish the first 3 questions. All hopes lost, started tackling questions as if I already lost and expecting not to complete the test on time.

This worked!!! My nerves set. My mind got clear. Soon enough, I found rhythm..gained acceleration.. By the end of 20th question, I was left with 35 mins. The second half of the questions, were getting easy. I breezed through and completed well ahead.. 15 minutes before.

Even while the results page was loading I was expecting bad.. (some blunders and vague mindset committed in the beginning)

I did pinch myself to believe after staring at the results screen :D

Study tools I used:
- Nuggets videos for passive learning during those sleepy nights icon_wink.gif
- Read ICND1 - Wendell Odom cover-to-cover ("Do I Know This Already" Quiz segment was daunting though)
- CCNA Portable Command Guide as hand-reference while practising labs
- Skimmed through CCNA Todd Lammle (Relevant chapters for ICND1) and attempted Hands-On Labs at the end of chapters

I kept the "Exam Topics" listed in Cisco Learning Website as reference as to find what topics to include/exclude in preparations

Thank you all for all the help.. Now, onto Christmas break, before targeting ICND2..!!

Happy holidays icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass. I have been doing MS exams and am starting to work on the Cisco side. Good Luck on the next exam!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

With the exam out of the way (and a pass) you can enjoy drunken_smilie.gif the Holidays!! icon_santa.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass; all the study paid off well. Hope to be doing this exam soon.

BTW, what was your score?
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
  • Options
    goks4jobsgoks4jobs Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    How long did you study for the test?

It took me a little more than 3 weeks.. watching the videos, practicing labs and going through the books. I gave myself 3-4 hours a day for the preparation :)
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Congrats... I am still deciding if I will take the CCENT or go straight to CCNA exam. I already have my MCSE, and this is a great time to finish my CCNA.
  • Options
    LAN_ManLAN_Man Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass! How long did you prepare? When do you plan to do ICND2?