Options

Any interest in a "free" CBT for 70-686?

Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
I've been considering creating some CBTs for the MCITP EDA7 exam.

I rather enjoy deployment and I think it would be fun to create some videos that cover the exam topics but also leave the audience with a worthwhile understanding of using Windows Deployment Services and DISM to service and maintain images.

The only real issue I have with doing it, is finding a place to host that big of a file (or files) for download.

Comments

• Options
    GBAKER2204GBAKER2204 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you do spend the time I'd be interested in watching them. I am considering doing this at some point in the next few months. Have you considered 4shared.com (10gb of free storage)?
    WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V
  • Options
    I guess there really isnt THAT much interest. :-/
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think the idea of CBT's are great. Would be really good for some folk. btw, when i see "free" in any tag line I normally skim over it, then I saw it was you posting.

I started a set a while back using blip.tv (since 2005) I was planning on getting back to it... someday.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    denkiheaddenkihead Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best to do one video as a trial and see how it goes from there. I am always interested in seeing how someone else would teach a subject.

Carpe Diem Dude!
  • Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    I would, for sure, theres quite a few hosting places, rapidshare, megaupload, etc or of course you tube for streaming.

Anyone wanna tell me what cbt stands for? lol I keep seeing the letters but no idea what it stands for.
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Anyone wanna tell me what cbt stands for? lol I keep seeing the letters but no idea what it stands for.
    Computer based training. But in a different context it can also mean computer based testing (ie. at the test center).

@Hyper-me: depending on the resulting file size I'd be happy to place it on the TE server, at least as a test. When I posted the 70-270 'audio-less' videos they got at least 30 viewers a day and we have a lot more visitors these days so I'm sure you'd have an audience.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would especially like to see the deployment videos as I still feel I am lacking on those. I say go for it Hyper-Me!
  • Options
    GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would definitely be interested.

Yes please!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am very interested...
  • Options
    Still tossing this around. I'll probably create some outlines and pick the topics that I will dive into deep and the ones I will cover for the exams sake.

I never clarified the "free" thing. By "Free" i mean free to download (fromwherever I can host it from) but also offer DVDs for a nominal fee (probably 20$) to whoever prefers that format.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I would be interested in seeing them.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I'd be interested also :)

-Ken
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Still tossing this around. I'll probably create some outlines and pick the topics that I will dive into deep and the ones I will cover for the exams sake.

I think it would be a good idea to record the outline and show it to us before continuing with the whole thing..

I will be interested in the subject, Thanks :D
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    I'm interested! :)

I'll even come and pick it up from you, so no shipping required :)
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    I'm interested! :)

I'll even come and pick it up from you, so no shipping required :)

hah!

If you guys are using that much Win7/2008 at work, let me know if a sys admin position opens up. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    hah!

If you guys are using that much Win7/2008 at work, let me know if a sys admin position opens up. icon_lol.gif

In the process of testing Win7 , my workstation has been Win7 for over a month now. Will be rolling it out into production hopefully before this summer. But everything I do is on Win7 now, with an XP box nearby for "Oh Shorts!" situations lol.

We are slowly switching all of our our production servers over to 2k8, looking to roll our DCs over in the next 2 months as well.

Our Exchange guy is looking pretty closely at Exchange 2010 coming up, especially since one of our fed managers had an email from some M$ evangelist claiming that going to Exchange 2010 makes you more "green" by utilizing less power etc etc etc lol. The "green intiative" is unavoidable. Bleh lol. Good excuse to see new tech though, so win-win for everyone except the tax payers lol.

Money isn't an issue with the govt, so anything we want.. we get lol. Kinda nice having an almost blank check. Thanks US citizens ha :)

Anyway, saw you got a new sweet gig :) Congrats.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    This will be great, I am planning to take the test next month, but I hope you make it on time.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    Probably will be a little while before I can get to this considering my new employer is wanting me knowledgeable on Exchange 07 and '10 yesterday. I also need to look at ESX 4 and work towards the MCITP:VA

I'll try to make time for a "sample" chapter soon and see how everyone likes it.