Options

CCNA: Security

Hello Everyone!

I am preparing my study/lab materials to study CCNA: Security, does anyone knows what type of lab equipment/study material I need for this? I just picked-up CBT/Trainsignal so far, I am thinking of pursuing CCSP so getting an ASA firewall will probably not hurt, thanks...

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hello Everyone!

I am preparing my study/lab materials to study CCNA: Security, does anyone knows what type of lab equipment/study material I need for this? I just picked-up CBT/Trainsignal so far, I am thinking of pursuing CCSP so getting an ASA firewall will probably not hurt, thanks...

2-3 of any router with 12.4 train IOS (K9)
    1-2 switches (2950 would be good)

CCNA Security Part 3: Lab Requirements | NetworkWorld.com Community
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    knwminus wrote: »
    2-3 of any router with 12.4 train IOS (K9)
    1-2 switches (2950 would be good)

CCNA Security Part 3: Lab Requirements | NetworkWorld.com Community

Thanks for the response KN, goodluck with your study, and let us know how it goes, I was thinking that I will need a PIX/ASA firewall for this, maybe that's on the later part of CCSP.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the response KN, goodluck with your study, and let us know how it goes, I was thinking that I will need a PIX/ASA firewall for this, maybe that's on the later part of CCSP.

I was thinking the samething. I still want an ASA but you will not need it for this exam at all. Strictly routers and switches (and servers during labs in the lab manual).

I was going to do CCNA:S CCNP CCSP but the more I read the security books, the more I feel like my path will be CCNA:S CCSP CCNP. Security is more interesting.

The Authorized self study guide reads like a sales pitch in the beginning but it gets better. I am coupling my CCNA:S studies with Sec+ to get a more holistic view on security. So far I have found it quite easy to do.
  • Options
    N3tWrkNutN3tWrkNut Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! I am doing the same thing just the CCNP then CCSP. I am taking my CCNA on the 11th and hopefully this spring I will take the CCNA security (I have the study material). This stuff is great! And from what I have seen you don't need the ASA till the CCSP.