Options

Music

2»

Comments

• Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    my music preference is more on rock and metal (heavy, death, black, progressive, thrash, metalcore, groove, ....) such as: Megadeth, Dream Theater, Death, Metallica, Atheist, Behemoth, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Mayhem, Type O Negative, Children of Bodom, Dark Funeral, Therion, Testament, Anthrax, Danzig, Dimmu Borgir, Pantera, Edge of Sanity, Evile, Fear Factory, Gorgoroth, Asphyx, Fates Warning, Sepultura, Cradle of Filth, Heathen, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, Machine Head, Marduk, Mastodon, Meshuggah, Metal Church, Morbid Angel, Moonspell, Motorhead, Municipal Waste, Overkill, My Dying Bride, Nirvana, Paradise Lost, Nightwish, Possessed, Queensryche, RATM, Sacred Reich, Skeletonswitch, Coven, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Summoning, Symphony X, The Cult, Tool, Trivium, Wintersun, In Flames, Emperor, Carcass, Deicide, BLS, Soundgarden, Sodom, Nevermore and the G3 guru's (joe satriani, yngwie malmstien, steve vai) to name a few. I have a collection of more than 500 metal bands. (music and concert vids). Reviews and study on certification and addiction on hearing metal is my life...
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    knwminus wrote: »
    I have many artist I like but I have a soft spot for System of a Down because Steal This AlBUlM and Toxicity introduced me to Metal and Rock as a whole.
    Love, love, love, System of a Down. I highly recommend their first album. "Suggestions" is an awesome song, one of my favorites.

System & Alice in Chains are two of my favorites and my staple music to go to when I want to listen to something loud and scream my lungs out singing along. (EDIT: how could I forget the best scream-along song of all...Korn's "Blind" - omg, who needs therapy?!) I do still love the old grunge-era stuff, and I generally like hard rock but I branch out a bit to some older 80's stuff too (I am a child of the 80's after all, and I lurve The Police) and semi-alternative stuff (Sia is awesome).
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard...
    I've seen Def Leppard in concert at least 3-4 times... icon_redface.gif
    I've also seen Foo three times now too - two times in concert, and once at a free concert at Best Buy. I kidnapped an entire department of coworkers during lunch time and went to see the BB show - absolutely fricking awesome to see them that close.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like instrumental music mostly, differing styles. Primarily I'd say Chillout and Soundtracks (both movie and Game - I have a huge C64 remix collection :) ).

Mike Oldfield
    William Orbit
    Way out West
    Sisters of Mercy
    Blue October
    Nine Inch Nails
    Depeche Mode
    Darshan Ambient
    Ulrich Schnauss
    James Horner
    James Newton Howard
    Hanz Zimmer
    Jeremy Soule
    Rob Hubbard
    Martin Galway
    Jeroen Tel

Also I've written some of my own over the years [shameless plug] The Soundtrack and Game Audio of Derek Coleman [/shameless plug] . Again game related mostly, and that site hasn't been updated in about 5 years. I've started writing again so hopefully I'll have some new tortur..er..'pieces' to pop up soon enough.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i listen to everything anymore. Some country is even included (Specifically the 'Man in Black'). Good example is while Im typing this, my Mp3 player just went from Korn (old school Korn), to Geto Boys, to Back Door Slam (weird name but AWESOME ROCK\BLUES band), to supertramp, to sublime, to Skindred to Johnny Cash. Im mostly a metal head at heart (Metallica, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Cannibal Corpse, Testament, As I lay Dying, Killswitch, Austrian Death Machine (LOL), and the list goes on. I love techno/trance as well, which is probably what I listen to most while working (chemical bros, Oakenfold, goldfrapp, Daft Punk (my fav) etc.
    Whenever these music threads come up, I always get exited, then forget half the bands I listen to icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security