Options

transcender V self test software

timoskitimoski Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Cant figure out which one to go for.

Self test Software has simulations and is cheaper. What Im really interested in though, is which one prepares you the best. Your thoughts ?....

Comments

• Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally, I've been using the 30 day online versions of STS lately since they're significantly cheaper than Transcender, but when I started out, I would buy the Transcender tests.

Transcender usually includes more questions than STS, but the questions are of equal quality (and possibly the same).
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    STS questions are equal quality or Transcender?
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    bwcarty wrote: »
    Personally, I've been using the 30 day online versions of STS lately since they're significantly cheaper than Transcender, but when I started out, I would buy the Transcender tests.

When you purchase the online version, you do not have access to the sims. The sims on the 70-293 selftest were very helpful.
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Super99 wrote: »
    STS questions are equal quality or Transcender?

For the most part, they are the same questions. You get 10% more content (for example 18 more questions) with Transcender than with Selftest.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have used SelfTest almost exclusively over the past few years. They helped me pass the MCSE exams, the MCITP EA Upgrade exam, and a few others. I've only used Transcender once. I thought they were very similar. They are both owned by Kaplan so you can expect the quality to be the same.

I have also purchased the SQL 2008 Admin MCTS and the BI MCTS from them and intend on using it during my studies for those exams.