Options

Wic-2t

Hello everyone want kind of cable can I use for this type of serial interface, it's physically smaller than a WIC-1T, I would love to play around PPP/Multilink and other bonding technology.

2 of my 2651XM has 1 WIC-2T on each.

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Smart Serial. You can get SS to DB60 if you wish with DCE/DTE at whatever end you want.
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Don't both connector has to be the same on both ends, more like a crossover if I am just plugging it to another router on top of each other?
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    tiersten wrote: »
    Smart Serial. You can get SS to DB60 if you wish with DCE/DTE at whatever end you want.

Figured it out SS Back to Back, any idea on what site I could super deals with cables? I need to buy not only this but a bunch of ethernet/serial cable DTE/DCE.
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Monoprice.com is a good one. Also check out eBay, they always have good deals on cables.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    You can get them from ebay sometimes for about $2.00. I think that's what I paid for mine.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Don't both connector has to be the same on both ends, more like a crossover if I am just plugging it to another router on top of each other?

The connectors don't need to be the same on either end. It's the DCE/DTE that matters. If you had a WIC-2T (SS) on one router and a WIC-1T (db60) on another router, you could get a db60-SS back to back cable. Whichever end the was the DCE, you would make that serial port the one with the clocking command in it's router config.
    Kam.