Options

What is the best wireless product ????

eng_ahmedaseng_ahmedas Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear Friends
I wish u r all in very good health ..... I want to take your opinion about something .. My company will buy wireless APs .... I want to know how to arrange the following products from the best to the worest and if i want to give them marks from 100 , can you help me ???

The products are:

1)Cisco:

========>Access Points (AIR-AP1252G-E-K9 & AIR-AP1142N-E-K9)

2)HP

========>Access Points (HP ProCurve MSM410 WW)

3)Aruba

========>Access Points (AP-121)
========>Controller (200-6-AOS-STD)

4)D-Link

========>Access Points (DAP-2590/EEU & DAP-3520)

5)LinkSys

========>Access Points ( WAP4410N-G5 & WAP4400N & WAP200E-EU)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Ranking "best to worst" in categories such as price, power output, manageability, accessories, 3rd-party compatibility, MTBF, warranty, on-site service, etc. all depends on your application and budget. If you look at the marketing literature from each vendor, each will rank their own products as better than their competitors. You need to decide what the most important features are to you and look at each vendor's pricing, data sheets, and reputation and perform your own trade study.

Of course, there's the adage, "If you can afford it, always buy Cisco." ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for ur replay ... I just ask about ranking products from best to worst accordng to the quality, the performance , the brand name and the reputation of the AP ... So can u help me ???
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think we have been down this road before... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd strongly suggest that you need to sit down with someone/a company who deals in AP installations, who fully understands what issues there may be around use and placement of APs, and discuss what your requirements are for a WLAN. One of the things they will no doubt do is recommend the appropriate kit that is best for your purposes and budget. That could be Cisco, or it could be any of the others.
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • Options
    Best-to-worst is a subjective opinion that depends on many factors. For example, if you can spend $1000 for each WAP and need same-day on-site repair/replacement service, Cisco may look best and D-link may look worst. But if your main requirement is to only pay $100 for each WAP, Cisco definitely looks worst and D-link/Linksys look best. So a best-to-worst ranking all depends on your particular application.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    I wondered why I was having subliminal déjà vu! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would advise you to go with cisco. I have not touched aruba networks APs but i heard they werent that bad. However your options are limited to people who only know how to support Aruba Networks equipment. If you go with cisco get smartnets on your WLC at the minimum. I understand budgets always play into this, so if you can , get smartnets on your APs if not, then make sure you get it on your wireless lan controller.

As for my expeirence with cisco, I have only delt with those APs and i know them well enough to design/implement/maintain a cisco wireless LAN. I have never had any serious problems with the equipment dying out or malfunctioning. Only problems that i have come accross have only been human error.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Dear Friends
    Thanks to all of u for ur care

My case is that i working at company and we have bid requiring managable APs .... The companies offer the APss that i listed .... In our bid, their is degree on the reputation of the device .... Thats why i want u to help me ranking those APs according to reputation of the vendor and performance of the AP

Thanks in Advance
  • Options
    Because you have specific models of WAPs for your bid, I would suggest looking up customer reviews of each unit and ranking them best-to-worst based on customer opinion. This assumes that all of WAPs have the features and service options that you need.