Options

MS Second Chance Offer

2»

Comments

• Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Been away for awhile, hope everyone has been doing well. Glad to see this is back, time to get the rest of tests knocked out that I need for the MCSE: Sec. Same rules apply.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Students can use Student Second Shot vouchers, which include the student pricing for the exam and the second shot! The discount varies by country, not by exam, and it's up to 57%!!! Get the exact discount by using the Global Academic Discount Calculator.

The web page doesn't mention any requirements other than currently being a student and having a valid student ID. So I guess you can register for a one unit basket weaving course at a community college to get the discount.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    Has anyone had any problems canceling an exam, then rescheduling the same exam within a week or so to be able to use the Second Shot offer? I have the 291 scheduled for 1-30. It would be nice to be able to cancel and obtain a Second Shot offer and reschedule.
  • Options
    noel123ienoel123ie Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Is there anywhere you can get a list of vouchers or discounts available on a country by country basis for Microsoft exams?

Thanks
    Noel
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    noel123ie wrote: »
    Hi

Is there anywhere you can get a list of vouchers or discounts available on a country by country basis for Microsoft exams?

Thanks
    Noel

there is currently a 20% discount running for any exam any country till first of march to be taken by end of march. I think it was on prometrics site. I am taking a discounted one one saturday
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    kctxau wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems canceling an exam, then rescheduling the same exam within a week or so to be able to use the Second Shot offer? I have the 291 scheduled for 1-30. It would be nice to be able to cancel and obtain a Second Shot offer and reschedule.

Nope, you should be able to use the voucher again. As soon as the system sends you an email that you cancelled, (and it shows up in your candidate history as such,) then the voucher is free to be used again.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Awesome, I may upgrade my MCSA 2003 to 2008.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alex.11 wrote: »
    A few hundred million a year well spent on PR has most of the world believing it. Exactly these things that made them rich. In reality, it was an intense, single minded determination to make the most possible money by marketing and popularizing innovations, without regard, or compensation, to those who originated or owned these innovations. In the process, they made an incredible number of enemies.

....aaaaaaaaaand that holds relevance with the 2nd shot promotion because...?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just registered.

70-270 you will not pwn me a second time!
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    I suppose this is what I get for going on a testing hiatus...

Guess I need to finish my MCSE now. ;)
  • Options
    asreyesasreyes Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I went the Prometric website offering 2nd shot promo. In the email field, I entered my existing Prometric email account, and thereafter I got an email with the 2nd shot "voucher number".

I went to the Prometric website, logged on using my existing email, schedule, and i got stuck in the final page where I should put Voucher number along with Credit Card payments.

The screen doesn't seem to accept the 2nd shot "voucher number".

If I entered my credit card info and click "Confirm", I don't think I will have second shot free, eh?

What should I do?
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    asreyes wrote: »
    What should I do?

Are you trying to use the voucher on an exam your failed recently? Or are you just signing up for an exam the first time?

I think you can only use the voucher a day or two after your have failed an exam.
  • Options
    Are you trying to use the voucher on an exam your failed recently? Or are you just signing up for an exam the first time?

I think you can only use the voucher a day or two after your have failed an exam.

I intend to take an exam for the first time.

Upon seeing the promo today, I filled up the online form and received a 2nd shot voucher number.

Am I too far ahead of the steps?

Is this the proper step:
    1. Go to prometric, schedule, pay USD$125, and take the exam.
    2. If failed, go to prometric and get a voucher for 2nd shot.
  • Options

Upon seeing the promo today, I filled up the online form and received a 2nd shot voucher number.

Is this the proper step:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Just hold onto the voucher number until you get your results.
  • Options

Is this the proper step:

All the info is here

The basics are this:
    1. Get voucher number from prometric
    2. When you pay for the initial exam, apply the voucher number in the box before submitting payment
    3. If you fail, reschedule the exam and apply with the same voucher number.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    Everytime I tried to submit the voucher at that time, it would just flash back as blank.
  • Options
    Strange. But thats what the MS link above says. It should return you to the payment page to submit your payment. check your Official receipt on prometrics site. Under Payment type you should see your 'CREDIT_CARD\VOUCHER' listed. You can always call in to verify also.

It can take up to a few minutes to process, as most know with Prometric's site :D

• Options
    snadam wrote: »
    Strange. But thats what the MS link above says. It should return you to the payment page to submit your payment. check your Official receipt on prometrics site. Under Payment type you should see your 'CREDIT_CARD\VOUCHER' listed. You can always call in to verify also.

It can take up to a few minutes to process, as most know with Prometric's site :D

So when you got back to the payment page (I assumed you just entered the 2nd shot voucher before), you still see the top portion about "Do you ha ve a voucher?" question that you can click??
  • Options
    All the info is here

The basics are this:
    1. Get voucher number from prometric
    2. When you pay for the initial exam, apply the voucher number in the box before submitting payment
    3. If you fail, reschedule the exam and apply with the same voucher number.

As per my experience, your number #2 step doesn't show anything that the voucher number has been accepted!!

How would Prometric know that you based your $125 payment with the that 2nd shot voucher?

I have read at some other thread that once you didn't mention this voucher beforehand, you can't use it for retake.
  • Options
    So when you got back to the payment page (I assumed you just entered the 2nd shot voucher before), you still see the top portion about "Do you ha ve a voucher?" question that you can click??

Yep, thats the one.
    As per my experience, your number #2 step doesn't show anything that the voucher number has been accepted!!

How would Prometric know that you based your $125 payment with the that 2nd shot voucher?

I have read at some other thread that once you didn't mention this voucher beforehand, you can't use it for retake.

The thing is that there really is no confirmation it gives you during payment. HOWEVER, if the voucher code/PRomo Code is not valid, you WILL get an alert dialog box saying so. The Only way I could confirm it took the voucher code from my past experience was from the "official" receipt from then site when you log in and go to "view/Print receipt", from my past post.

Have a look at this tutorial. About halfway down it shows you where you put the code in, and the behavior of the site. These screenshots have the old layout of prometrics site. While aesthetically different, the functionality is pretty much the same.

Again, if you are unsure, or still having problems, you can always call prometric up and they should be able to resolve your issues over the phone.

I took a snippet out of the page to show you. See below:
    If you are using a voucher to pay or using the 2nd shot voucher code click the YES link

image_thumb_13.png
    icon_smile.gif
    Click Validate

Pet Peeve: There is no message telling you that your voucher code is correct! This is particularly annoying when you are using the 2nd shot voucher codes as there will be NO indication that the code has been accepted! In my case I am using a fully paid for exam voucher.

Cheers!

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is cool. I plan to do my MCSA by the summer since I won't be back in school until July icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    Yep, thats the one.

The thing is that there really is no confirmation it gives you during payment. HOWEVER, if the voucher code/PRomo Code is not valid, you WILL get an alert dialog box saying so. The Only way I could confirm it took the voucher code from my past experience was from the "official" receipt from then site when you log in and go to "view/Print receipt", from my past post.

Have a look at this tutorial. About halfway down it shows you where you put the code in, and the behavior of the site. These screenshots have the old layout of prometrics site. While aesthetically different, the functionality is pretty much the same.

Again, if you are unsure, or still having problems, you can always call prometric up and they should be able to resolve your issues over the phone.

I took a snippet out of the page to show you. See below:

Cheers!

Thanks. I believe you now.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Man, after a 6 month break due to outside forces ( read: family, work, second home), I am back. I am very glad that MS decided to bring this back, hopefully will have MCSE finished by then.

P.S. Good luck to everyone on meeting their objectives for this year.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    This will come in handy, thanks!
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD