Options

Mcdst exams updates!

ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm preparing for my MCDST exams, currently on the first part (70-271) and was wondering if there are any new updates on this exams, are there VISTA and or and Windows 7 questions updates onto the exams? Would greatly appreciate any responses if anyone's taken these exams lately.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm preparing for my MCDST exams, currently on the first part (70-271) and was wondering if there are any new updates on this exams, are there VISTA and or and Windows 7 questions updates onto the exams? Would greatly appreciate any responses if anyone's taken these exams lately.

Cheers

Have you already taken the 70-270, are you in an XP work environment that is not changing any time soon? If not I would recommend saving your money and start on the Windows 7 path.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsclient.aspx#tab3
  • Options
    ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the fast response, well, I'm in a very XP oriented environment and I don't think there's going to be any change soon. I have not yet taken any of the MCDST exam, my first one will be the 70-271 and the next one will be the 272. Should I have done the 272 first?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That I really can't comment on, and will leave that question to experts in the XP world.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You can take them in either order. Although I would say the 270 is probably more foundational.
  • Options
    eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
    Thanks for the fast response, well, I'm in a very XP oriented environment and I don't think there's going to be any change soon. I have not yet taken any of the MCDST exam, my first one will be the 70-271 and the next one will be the 272. Should I have done the 272 first?

You'll be fine following this path. Make sure to review a study guide, so that you, at the very least, are familiar with the topics that will be introduced. If you use XP on a daily basis, you should be okay.
    MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5