Options

So I was in Barnes and Noble the other day...

verbalaverbala Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
There was a magazine titled, "Cisco" in the computer networking section. I got all excited opened it up and literally the next thing I saw was a one page advertisement for a braindump site on the opposite side of the cover. I'm not talking about some little dinky ad... This thing was huge. It really pissed me off. The magazine seemed to have some basic useful coverage of CCNA topics and tips on hardening routers but I was so irritated. They wanted $14.99 for the magazine too?!??? Has anyone else seen this? I couldn't believe it!

Sorry about the rant.

Keegan

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Did you ask for the manager to tell them the type of material that they're selling?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They don't care. I was at a BN and I returned a copy of CCNA for Dummies. When they asked why I was returning it, I explained how the auestions and answers were messed up. Guy was like, "Wow thats bad" and said he would make sure they were taken care of. I think he said he would keep it off the shelf or something. Next day, guess where it is.

You could contact Cisco with the name of the magazine and the advertiser, Cisco is more likely to act on it, and quicker. Also the magazine will be more willing to pull it if they hear Cisco complaining.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Is it a "real magazine" that's had multiple issues already?

Or is it a one issue wonder? -- which at $14.99 would be my guess.

I miss Cisco Systems Networking Professionals Magazine - Packet Magazine - Cisco Systems
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
    mikej412 wrote: »

That is cool! I went to the bookstore the other day looking for magazines on networking related stuff. Found nothing. Only magazines were the typical software/hardware stuff.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow this would been a shocker to me too. I have been studing so hard for this exam and if I seen something that I would contact Cisco.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm pretty sure what you're talking about is an issue of Hakin9, which is a security magazine. They presently have a special issue out which is dedicated to Cisco security and has Cisco in large type on the cover. Yes, it is an expensive magazine as it is out of Europe, but the content is generally good.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I love Hakin9, though I haven't seen the latest issue. I may have to look at it when i'm out today.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I checked it out yesterday at Barnes and Noble and sure enough right on the inside cover is a full page ad with a notorious brain **** company trying to appear very professional looking. It was a special issue of Hackin9 focused on Cisco devices. I didn't really flip through it much other than to confirm the brain **** ad.