Options

CVoice ~ Passed

wooohooo title says it all really, I sat the exam this morning, yes I know its New Years eve, but at least I don't need to worry how I'm gonna celebrate this one lol

Found the exam tough going, but that was probably due to the last week or so no real reading or labs, add to the fact with Voice it's all alien to me lol But it's starting to come together icon_smile.gif and I know for sure it makes work life easier.

Happy New year guys have a good one I'll see you all next year icon_smile.gif
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Now you can really celebrate tonight. drunken_smilie.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Admit it -- you just took (and passed) the exam for an excuse to drunken_smilie.gif tonight icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I can imagine this being a tough exam for people with no VOIP experience. I would even say difficult for people who don't work for partners and maybe only exposed to just some of the signalling. As I learn more about the "CISCO" world its becomming obvious that the exams seem like they are meant for people who work on very large enterprises(where I have seen MGCP, H323 and SIP all used) or Cisco partners who have to know every configuration every which way cause every customer has differnet needs. Sorry I"m on a rant, but its a few hours after new yearsdrunken_smilie.gif
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    khayeskhayes Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope I pass mine. I'm starting my studies Monday, and I hope to have it in 3 months. I do have some experience with call manager, and gateway types...Kinda rusty on the signaling type, and bandwidth calculation.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Cheers guys and boy did I party, took pretty much all of yesterday to recover lol

Shodown I tend to agree with you, but imo thats the value of the Pro certs over the associate ones. If your looking at the Pro track I'd like to think you'd be looking at if not already are working in an Enterprise enviroment.

Khayes sounds like a good plan to me, and sounds like you have about similar level of knowledge (prior to exam). I think 3 months should be enough (as always ymmv) to get the signalling and bw calcs sorted. I still feel kinda rusty on them, but I'll keep working on them as always.

onwards and upwards eh icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)