Options

Asa 5510

2»

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    rwwest7 wrote: »
    Do all models of the 5505 support SSL VPN connections?
    Yes. All the ASAs come with 2 built in SSL-VPN licenses for admin use or evaluation.
    Any advice/warnings on the 5505s would be greatly appreciated.
    The base unit doesn't support VLANs. If you want to use it with your home network then make sure you get the model with enough "users" to accomodate the devices on your network. Failover is only stateless active/standby. The only module you can add is a AIP-SSC which is more expensive than the ASA5505 itself. I doubt you'll have any problems with the throughput limits on the ASA5505.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Thanks to everyone for the advice! I just put this on ebay for $1250 and it sold in less than 5 minutes. Must've been a good deal I guess. (the person who gave it to me doesn't mind as long as I spend the proceeds on Cisco lab equipment)

Now I just need to figure out the best way to spend the proceeds after Paypal and ebay take their cut. Will be picking up an ASA 5505. Do all models of the 5505 support SSL VPN connections? That's something I really want to learn about. Any advice/warnings on the 5505s would be greatly appreciated.

Nice!

If/when you decide to buy one, let me know. I have a 5505 I've been thinking about selling for awhile. It's an unlimited license.

If you're going to use Dynamips, take some of the money and invest in a server, then spend the rest on a couple 3550s. If you're not using Dynamips go with some 3640s or 2600XMs and get one or two 3550s depending on how much is left over.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    IMO, you may want to hold off on the 5505 until it becomes more valuable to you. You won't need it for exams until the CCSP and unless you have a job that requires learning it right now the money might be better spent on R&S gear.