Options

Actually enjoying Project+ book

2»

Comments

• Options
    AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    I've always had this certification in sight. I am the program developer, coordinator and one of the teachers in a Project Management class here in my country.

A friend of mine gave me the CD that comes with the sybex book because ot has the book in .pdf format. I just went through the index and I must say it shouldnt be precisely comprehensive because of the length, but I do suggest that you learn this material, because it is good.

I will skim the book and book the test because this one should be an easy certification to get in my case. The main author of the book has written several very well known titles about project management. I doubt the this one is bad at all...
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The sybex book is very good.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I actually enjoyed some of project+.

When I studied the last part of book was bad.

but, I think it was the only study option at the time.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm getting ready to take my Proj+ test next week unless I decide to push it back. Any last minute study suggestions from anyone?
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm getting ready to take my Proj+ test next week unless I decide to push it back. Any last minute study suggestions from anyone?

Yes...get it over with (unless you have some life emergency or something.)

If you were able to get through the book and did well with practice questions, you should be good to go.

The one thing I will advise is familiarize yourself with the Planning objectives. Also, know to use which charts and diagrams (Pareto, Ishikawa, run charts, gantt charts, etc.) If you haven't already, look over the glossary and objectives from CompTIA's site. That helped me out a lot before go time.

You should do fine and best of luck.
  • Options
    Thanks, I (without question) wish to get it over with icon_lol.gif

I will make sure I go over the glossary and planning objectives. My wife and I purchased a home a couple of weeks and while moving I seemed to have lost the CD icon_cry.gif Not having the CD is really throwing me for a loop. Usually I make an ISO of the CDs but I guess I forgot to this time.
  • Options
    Thanks, I (without question) wish to get it over with icon_lol.gif

I will make sure I go over the glossary and planning objectives. My wife and I purchased a home a couple of weeks and while moving I seemed to have lost the CD icon_cry.gif Not having the CD is really throwing me for a loop. Usually I make an ISO of the CDs but I guess I forgot to this time.

Veritas, I had the Kindle version of the book, which meant I had no CD and I still passed. I considered e-mailing the authors to see if maybe they could let me download those extra questions somewhere, but it proved to be ok.

Seriously, you should be fine. If you're really jonesing though, you could go through Skillport and work through the TPV1 course. I did a little bit of that too, but it was mostly uCertify and Sybex. I found Skillport to be a bit lacking of depth to be of any use.

Oh one other thing....the last thing you should do is go over the chapter summaries and exam essentials. Those will definitely help.
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I found Skillport to be a bit lacking of depth to be of any use.

That lady's squeaky voice drove me and my coworker (who was listening in) crazy... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    That lady's squeaky voice drove me and my coworker (who was listening in) crazy... icon_lol.gif

You would have hated the Kindle's TTS then...lol...a female Stephen Hawking (though I personally found it entertaining at times...icon_lol.gif)
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    You would have hated the Kindle's TTS then...lol...a female Stephen Hawking (though I personally found it entertaining at times...icon_lol.gif)

Yes, but anything is better than Microsoft's computer translation voice, right?
  • Options
    Yes, but anything is better than Microsoft's computer translation voice, right?

So true, so true. :)
  • Options
    Found CD and back on track :)