Options

ICND2 tomorrow, have some last minute questions.

beef1218beef1218 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
1. I know I have 75 minutes in the test to finish 40-50 questions, but how should I check my pace in the test? I remember when I did the ICND1, I had no idea how many questions were left so I kept pushing my speed, and it turned out that I had 15 mins left after I finished all questions. I hate that they didn't even tell you when it was the last question. Does the "no more than 15 mins on a sim" rule still apply to ICND2?

2. The ICND2 topic blueprint didn't mention using SDM, so is SDM not required in ICND2? I hope so because I never used it.

3. I read both Sybex and Cisco Press ICND2 books once. I noticed that the Cisco press book has much much more content that the Sybex didn't cover, such as authentication in OSPF/EIGRP. Does it mean ICND2 test requires more in depth than the 640-802?

So far, I think I can handle most configurations, but I'm not familiar with the debug commands and debug outputs, so I may get in troubles with some troubleshooting questions when under stress in the test. So I think I am spending today play with debuging.

Any last minute advice will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Andy

Following up: I passed with a score of 903! I am just graduating now and starting to fine a job. Hopefully CCNA can bring me some interviews soon. Thank you all for your advice and information, and many people that helped me in this forum before.

Comments

• Options
    GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the best for the exam tomorrow.
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    good luck icon_smile.gif

Do they not tell you how many questions on the ICND1 at the start of the exam?? I'm sure they did for the 802.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    good luck icon_smile.gif

Do they not tell you how many questions on the ICND1 at the start of the exam?? I'm sure they did for the 802.

Maybe they did tell me there were about 50-60 questions, but I guess I lost tracking the numbers.
    By the way, does the "no more than 15 mins on a sim" rule still apply to ICND2?
  • Options
    beef1218 wrote: »
    By the way, does the "no more than 15 mins on a sim" rule still apply to ICND2?

yep icon_wink.gif but I thought it was no more than 10! I certainly would not want to spend anymore than that on one.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    elphrank0elphrank0 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    1. I know I have 75 minutes in the test to finish 40-50 questions, but how should I check my pace in the test? I remember when I did the ICND1, I had no idea how many questions were left so I kept pushing my speed, and it turned out that I had 15 mins left after I finished all questions. I hate that they didn't even tell you when it was the last question. Does the "no more than 15 mins on a sim" rule still apply to ICND2?

2. The ICND2 topic blueprint didn't mention using SDM, so is SDM not required in ICND2? I hope so because I never used it.

3. I read both Sybex and Cisco Press ICND2 books once. I noticed that the Cisco press book has much much more content that the Sybex didn't cover, such as authentication in OSPF/EIGRP. Does it mean ICND2 test requires more in depth than the 640-802?

So far, I think I can handle most configurations, but I'm not familiar with the debug commands and debug outputs, so I may get in troubles with some troubleshooting questions when under stress in the test. So I think I am spending today play with debuging.

Any last minute advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Andy

I believe they tell you how many questions you have. You can spend a little more time on sims on ICND2, I think you will find fewer sims to worry about. I found it a lot less stressful than CCENT. I spent 15 minutes on one sim and still finished with 10 minutes to go. I don't think it's anymore in depth than 802. Good luck, it's nothing to get stressed over as long as you did your homework.
  • Options
    Thank you all! I will try my best.
  • Options
    jonfc3sjonfc3s Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Good luck on the exam, you will do fine. Just take your time, read the question, read the answers, re-read the question and then select the best answer. Seems like you are prepared, you will be posting back here soon that you passed! :)
  • Options
    Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
  • Options
    ChrisPEditorChrisPEditor Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, let us know how it went.
    Christopher Parker
    Managing Editor, PrepLogic
    Get smarter training today with PrepLogic!

"You know what they say, 'Knowledge isn't power'... oh, wait..." --Dr. Gregory House
  • Options
    MeditatorMeditator Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Of course, you probably found that the exam will tell you how many questions you get at the begining.

I did my (ICND2) yesterday- passed.
  • Options
    Following up: I passed with a score of 903! I am just graduating now and starting to fine a job. Hopefully CCNA can bring me some interviews soon. Thank you all for your advice and information, and many people that helped me in this forum before.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    well done icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • Options
    ChrisPEditorChrisPEditor Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Following up: I passed with a score of 903!

Congratulations! What's next? ;)
    Christopher Parker
    Managing Editor, PrepLogic
    Get smarter training today with PrepLogic!

"You know what they say, 'Knowledge isn't power'... oh, wait..." --Dr. Gregory House