Options

CCNA recert advice needed

bperiodbperiod Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am short on time to recertify my CCNA. (3/9/10) ICND2, 642-xxx or say Security? I'm looking for the easiest to study and pass in limited time frame. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    CCNA-Security would be my choice. Easier than the 802 exam at least imo.

But I do have a fair amount of knowledge in that area so ymmv.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can the CCDA be done for extending time? If so that would probably be the easiest.

[edit] Yes it can according to: http://cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html
  • Options
    Appreciate both responses. I need to get on it, regardless which route I take. It's going to be a hard go of it. I haven't even worked in networking, dealing with routers and switches etc for over 2 yrs now. Company laid off...I got stuck back in Desktop ):
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bperiod wrote: »
    I am short on time to recertify my CCNA. (3/9/10) ICND2, 642-xxx or say Security? I'm looking for the easiest to study and pass in limited time frame. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

I'd say (depending on what you do and what you want to do) CCNA:S. CCDA is suggested after BSCI and assumes you have that knowledge. CCNA:S building of CCNA very nicely and IMO the material (not the configurations) have been "easier".

Alternatively you could do CCNA:V or CCNA:W if you are trying to stay on the NA level or start the CCXP if you want to advance.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bperiod wrote: »
    I haven't even worked in networking, dealing with routers and switches etc for over 2 yrs now.
    The CCNA:Security would probably be your quickest (and easiest) option.

Get the Cisco Press CCNA Quick Reference Sheets and use those to knock the cobwebs off your CCNA Knowledge.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote: »
    The CCNA:Security would probably be your quickest (and easiest) option.

Get the Cisco Press CCNA Quick Reference Sheets and use those to knock the cobwebs off your CCNA Knowledge.

Great suggestion, thank you. Let's see if I can actually pull this off.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Good luck! I hope it all works out for you!